cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Why am I Addicted to something so Sh**ty!!!!

MoeUnfiltered
0 6 53

Ok Crappy...Rotten...Silly

Yes I am a recovering nicotine addict but I am also a mini pack rat.

My neighbor --that --had never--ben in  here before expressed his discomft with my relaxed sytle of arranging my possesions thrpough his body language.....I come from a family of pack rats,smokers and OVERreactors!!!

WHY why can't I be addicted to somethinmg cool like painting murals where there are ugly dilapitated buildings or cutting my hair razor sharp and looking dangerous all the time...

So to me freedom is not just another word for nothing left to lose...it is quite the opposite... its a pile of paper...some jeans with sentimental value..Why can"t I be addicted to oak trees at midnight or seeing that perfect robin......cigarettes and piles of paper are SH**ty!!!! Quitting is cool...Finally I am doing Something Cool!!!!!!!!

6 Comments
carpe_diem_2014

You are doing something VERY cool! And being a pack-rat is much more awesome than being a judgmental neighbor 🐵 

JonesCarpeDiem

I can relate. I lived with a hoarder for 30 years. Wouldn't do that again.

stonecipher

I like the way you write.

Angel.wings

If you have ever seen "My Strange Addiction" you will feel so much better about your addiction. Atleast you don't eat mattresses. 

newlife5

hang in there moe... i remember when i first started my quit 3 years ago... you were my insipration... you advised me to fight!! fight with everything i got....

you can do this moe  i believe in you....

izzy day 78

aztec

Hi Moe

You ARE very inspiring.!

I have my own clutter issues.

I think I got a little worse when I quit smoking.

Love Ya

aztec

quit date 5-5-09