cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Who'd of thunk it!

MarilynH
6 17 171

I've said it before many times AND I'll continue to say it over AND over because I want everyone to EXperience the Freedom of living a Smokefree Life, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there's LIFE after Cigarettes!!! I also know the horrendous cravings and moodswings and lack of sleep PLUS I remember only too well of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin I also remember laughing one moment THEN the next snotting like a baby or I'd feel like tearing my hair out or ripping someone's face off anyone's face it really didn't matter whose face! I found this community on line on the 22nd of June 2014 after finding out that I have copd I read everything I could find AND I kept on reading I set up a quit date for the 7th of July BUT when it came I wasn't ready so I reset it for the 14th of July the night before I quit I promised myself that I'd never ever pick up another cigarette as long as I live I don't break promises to anyone including myself. I don't why BUT for some reason I totally forgot about this site until my 18th day of my quit when I was having horrendous cravings back to back I was ready to crawl out of my skin BUT thankfully I remembered so I got on line AND commented on something thankfully someone suggested that I write a blog and say a little about myself and so I did AND here I am  7 splendiferous Smokefree Years later! I want everyone to always remember and N.E.F ~ Never Ever Forget ~ how horrendous it was in those early days and weeks of quitting smoking because NONE OF US has to ever go back to another Day ONE only Days WON will do because LIFE really is Grand without a Cigarette in Hand! Vigilance is key to remaining Smokefree and besides relapsing isn't an option EVER!!!

iMarkup_20210714_075924.jpg

iMarkup_20210427_090510.jpg

PSX_20201207_202327.jpg

PSX_20210117_092245.jpg

17 Comments
Cousin-Itt

Good Morning Marilyn

That first day of success led to 7 Years of Outstanding Smoke Free Living   How Awesome     I have only 1 little thing to say

CONGRATULATIONS

MFRIEND

OK I Lied I said a big thing  Glad you're here my friend and have a Great Day

NewMe

Who would of thunk it that an accidental email notification inspired me to stop by here for the first time in months, only to find that I am just in time to wish you a SUPER DUPER SPLENDIFEROUS FANTABULOUS CELEBRATION for your GINORMOUS accomplishment?  I know for a fact that you were one of the main people who encouraged me in the early days and inspired me to keep going no matter what, and to believe that I could make it. You are definitely doing the world an enormous amount of good by coming here every day and helping others to beat the demon NicoDude and his insidious addiction. I wish you a very fabulous congratulations on your accomplishment, plus a gargantuan thank you for all the ways you have helped others succeed. And I hope the universe sends you a megaton of good karma in return for all the ways you have helped others!

sweetplt

(((((Marilyn))))) @MarilynH  I am a bit late on this morning…but I had you on top of my list of “to do’s” next to drink lots of coffee…. 

Congratulations my dear friend…You are the best..7 years is a BIG WOW AND WAY TO GO…! You were one of my first inspirations on this site.  Your story and daily posts made me feel less alone especially in the early days of this journey…Take the day and enjoy and hold your head up high…You are sober and smober….Incredible Freedom…love and hugs Colleen 

pastedImage_1.gif

Barbscloud

@MarilynH  A big congrats on your 7 years of success.   The support you've given other quitters all these years (including me), has made quitting possible for many who have come to this site apprehensive about their ability to really do this.   Your support and example, gave them the confidence to know that they too could be successful.  

A big thanks for your commitment to other quitters.

Barbscloud_4-1626273105073.gif

Enjoy your day.

Barb

Barbara145

Congrats Marilyn. You are such a blessing to this site. Enjoy your day. 

JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE12515_0-1626275332682.gif

JACKIE1-25-15

JACKIE12515_0-1626275460407.gif

Christine13

Wonderful Marilyn!!!  YOU ARE A STAR!!!

Thanks for all your blogs and help!!

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

and Thanks for coming here and being you!

maryfreecig

Congratulations on seven, Marilyn! And thanks for sharing your smobriety here with us every day. You make a difference. 🙂 🙂 🙂

MarilynH

Thank you everyone for your congrats and kind words I really appreciate it and I appreciate all of you my friends and Fellow EXers and most definetly EXtended family. 😁🤗

@Barbara145 @JACKIE1-25-15 @Christine13 @JonesCarpeDiem @maryfreecig @Barbscloud @NewMe @sweetplt and @Cousin-Itt and anyone else that may comment, I appreciate everyone of you I'm so glad to be part of this community we're all in this quit journey together. 💝

Strudel

Hip hip hooray!! Congrats on 7 years Marilyn! And a big THANK YOU for all you do here!! 

MarilynH

Thanks Kathy huge hug.🤗💝 @Strudel 

meWisconsin

Congratulations on a fantastic quit Marilyn. You are a rock star. 7 years is super.

Terry😎

PS: I'm 60 days behind you.

MarilynH

Thank you Terry, I can't wait to CELEBRATE with you 😁 I absolutely love CELEBRATING MILESTONES! 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉 @meWisconsin 

Sootie

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....