cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Who I Am!

cris3
0 11 146

Today I found out I didnt have much support at home. I was told by dh while I got a big puff right in my face to, "Dont forget where you came from..." Huh, well I didnt realize I had no support from home. But I am standing strong on my own two feet going into Day 7 to say thats ok! I will be fine! I do not need someone to tell me all the time I am doing a good job...Because I know who I am and what I am! I am a Non Smoker! And it takes a Hell of a lot of character to do that!

Let him try it out sometime!

11 Comments
shytowngrrrl

That must be difficult, Cris. Hopefully that will change.  But you do have support here.  You are doing a wonderful job...a whole week is quite an achievement.  And you are carving out your new ex-smoker identity every moment.  Stay strong my dear friend : )

freebreath

That is amazing. I hope you find all the stregnth you need. You go wonder woman!

awwc

Wow.  I'm shocked at the defiance of your hubs.

It's one thing to be indifferent.  Apathetic.  But to intentionally be difficult....

Good on you and your persistence.  Cherish every day of your Quit, cause it's allll yours.

Bonnie11.3.2009

I dare say dh is jealous of what you are doing, as well as being an addict and wanting you to return to your old ways so he doesn't have to look at himself and his smoking too closely.  He must wonder what you wil accomplish next and possibly you will outgrow him, since you have done this amazing thing.?  Stay true to yourself and be proud of yourself!!!! 

Thomas3.20.2010

CONGRATULATIONS on week 1!  Don't let anyone or anything stand in the way of your quit!  Best Wishes!

nosmokegirl

You go GIrl! you can do this. thats right don't forget where you come from so that you can AVOID those smoking behaviors! ha ha.

Yaya2.6.10

Good for you on the week and standing firm against dh.  Support at home is nice, but not absolutely necessary as you are proving.  Get it where you can and mostly within yourself. 

molzep

Never hurts to remember where you came from.  Gives you that much strength to NEVER go back 🙂

Stay strong my friend (and breathe deep - it feels awesome!)

pir8fan

You are showing amazing strenght! I am impressed! Everyone in your life is either a sail or an anchor. I usually encourage people to cut their anchors loose. That does not sound like the right advice in this case. Just know if you have to drag that anchor around that we will provide the wind your sails need to keep you going in the right direction!! I am proud of you! You should be proud of yourself!!!

anacondahead

Congrats Chris and keep up your quit. He is a chain smoker (can you even imagine the stench?) who is much too scared to even think about quitting himself. It apparently bothers him that you have the balls to change your life for the better. Sad. I am sorry.

I think it's typical that not many of us have quit support at home. If the family members smoke, they don't want to face your success as it reminds them of their failure. If they don't smoke, they can't appreciate how hard it is to quit. Or, as in my case, they are simply not that interested. 

You, though are showing such strength and focus! It's sad to say but some people don't feel tall unless they are standing on top of someone else. Let us know how you are doing - we care.

patrick-marsh

HEY WHERE YOU CAME FROM YOUR MOM YOU WASNT A SMOKER!! SO REMBER IT! STAY STRONG AND YOU WILL OUT LIVE HIM