cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Where have I been?

robin122
1 6 9

I originally started this program 4 years ago.  I would love to say I have not smoked in four years but that would be a lie.  I certainly would not want to ever lie to you folks about anything.  I am going to battle this addiction with everything I have this time.  I am totally committed to being smoke free! 

I went to the doctor and got the Bupropian and are on day 3 of taking the medication.  My quit date is Monday the 14th of October.  That gives me a week for the medication to be in my system.  I quit once before when my children were young with Zyban and thought this would be a great way to go again. 

Things have changed since I last checked in.  My father died early in 2015 and Moms health and care are too much for me so she is now in a nursing home.  I now have 3 grandsons and they are wonderful.  My oldest grandson Ethan (8 years old)  was over here two weeks ago and he was sitting on the sofa watching television.  I said Ethan, I am going to go out to smoke I will be right back and he said Mimi, don't you think it would be great if I got 100 percent of your time instead of what i do get because of those nasty cigarettes?  He and I talked further about it and he told me the negative health benefits etc.  Of course I know those things...but an 8 year old is reminding me?  How much longer am I going to ignore the obvious?  Sunday will be the last day I hide behind a potentially fatal substance and I refuse to play roulette with cancer and emphysemia.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to the support once again.

6 Comments