cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

When will I feel like a nonsmoker?

faiyth
0 14 4

So, here I am 65 days smoke free.  My husband and I went on the Champix program and we finished taking them about a week ago.  Champix is amazing in that it really does take away the cravings for nicotine but now that we are done, I feel like mama bird just pushed me out of the nest and I have to try and fly by myself.  It's a weird feeling because even though I am not craving the nicotine, I still want a cigarette.

What I would like to know is when will I start to feel  like a nonsmoker?  Right now I just feel like a smoker who hasn't had a cigarette in 2 months.  Someone please tell me that day will come when I can say I'm a nonsmoker and mean it!

If it wasn't for my incentive plan, I might have gone back to smoking already.  You see, we are putting away our "smoke" money every week, without fail, and in 2 years we are going to Australia.  My childhood dream come true, and I know that the second I pick up a cigarette, I can kiss my trip good bye.  So, it really comes down to what I want more .... and that is to go to Australia.  Having that to hold onto might just be what I need to succeed. 

14 Comments