cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What happens when you tell me I can’t…

Djupav1k
6 4 172

It has been over nine months since I began this quit journey. Nobody told me I had to do this, it was my decision. (Although I’m still not sure what prompted it.) As some others have reported, I found the routine (or lack thereof) much more difficult to deal with than the actual nicotine addiction. This made me cranky and I didn’t care for that so I am currently working on adjusting that. After all this time, I do still think of smoking daily, though recently the number of time per day has actually started to go down. Progress! Maybe not major, but still progress. However, situations change. At long last I can expect that a surgery to alleviate some of my current mobility issues will be scheduled, probably by late October at the latest, maybe even a bit sooner. Of course they said it is important to stop smoking weeks before surgery. Not a problem, right? I stopped smoking months ago! So, as I said, it was my choice to begin the quit journey. Now that I have been told by someone else that I can’t smoke, it almost feels like he** week all over again! I think about smoking A LOT and remind myself every time that I don’t do that anymore. I know for sure that I won’t give in, because I do NOT want this surgery cancelled due to stupid actions on my part. That said, things will likely be rocky for the next couple of months and swapping my cranky attitude for one of gratitude will likely be more challenging. When you have a moment, please send me strength. 🙂 I want to be a happy (not cranky!) “exer”, who is once again able to walk for pleasure! Thanks! 

4 Comments