cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What goes up must come Down!

clean5
0 5 14

I may be finally coming down with something.

I believe illness and disease is a form of purification. In yoga they teach us pain is a signal of communication; the body trying to tell us something; Whether it being ‘hey I’m still alive and was waiting for you’ or simply warning us to be careful and pay attention to a specific part. In Reiki they teach us about the different types of bodies, the physical, and the ‘other layers’. The irregularity may first show itself in ‘our other bodies’, the more intangible ones, slowly makes its way to imbalance the chakras and if still overlooked, for a final warning it shows itself as physical pain; and we best react!

A mountaineer friend of mine once warned me about picking mushrooms in the fall. In fall the earth is purifying itself, letting the toxins out; once a year after summer, the mushrooms aren’t that clean; but spring! The giant spring mushrooms are good to have. Like the earth – like our bodies.

Our bodies work in a similar manner. Once a year (in my body’s clock!) illness and the flue is a normal thing. Lasts two to three days and a couple of days aftermath till its gone. I haven’t had a flue in more than two years! And that worries me. Today I woke up woozy. It’s the funniest feeling ever. I feel dumb, low on IQ and lower on energy. I don’t know if it’s the back to back dives that I had; my body’s still not used to that either, and I am in my weakest form and my lowest weight.

What I really like right now is a cook, or an elf! And comfortably resting all day… and thankfully I can. ;D

5 Comments