cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What can I do???

grandmashell
0 11 26

Ohhhh I had this crave earlier in the week and it was very intense and came out of no where.  I did not smoke.  It did finally pass I really couldn't even tell you if it was day or evening.  So my husband texts me and says hes coming home from work and I get this crave that was long, intense, and it really sucked.  I am on here now, I tried distracting, tried deep breathing, my husband is in the shower when he's ready we are going out of the house somewhere.  For me the begining had its own trying times but this is like I feel like I should be feeling better.  Any suggestions would be very welcome.  I need a swift boot in my butt.  I know someone on here can do that for me.  Maybe because its the weekend I have always had problems with the weekends.  ughhhhhh k he's ready please leave me some suggestions, this sucks.

Shelley

11 Comments
Michwoman

Say outloud "I do not smoke any more! Isn't that great? I am a non smoker!" 

Get a fingernail file and clean your nails.

Jumping Jacks

Laughing out loud

By the way - you smell nice today 🙂

joyeuxencore

JUST don't smoke no matter what  beautiful woman!!! Jumping jacks always reminded me in a hurry how much I did NOT want to smoke...xo

joyeuxencore

Yaya2.6.10

You are in no man's land and those craves can come out of nowhere and be iintense.  I found it so frustrating because I thought I should be over them.  Well, you and I smoked for a long time and have many triggers.  One of the things that worked for me was making every negative statement into a positive one.  An example would be to change "I can't smoke" into I am an Ex because I want to be healthy.  

jojo_2-24-11

Smoking makes you feel lousy and people smell when they are smokers no matter how much they bathe and shower. Smoking never made life any better but sure can make it worse. You are free from the bonds of nicotine and you are going to live your life happy, clean smelling and full of zest! Enjoy your time out of the house and always protect that quit.

trish75

This happened to me a lot, too. However, the last week or so, the cravings don't last long at all, and I am so happy I stuck it out cause I'm really beginning to love my new life! I am on day 63.

ninepatch
We are not missing out on anything. A small paper filled with drug laced plant material, that for years we would put to our mouths and inhale into our pretty pink lungs. Now our lungs a stained brown and clogged with tar and what ever else we inhaled. Why would we want that. Why? I still sometimes think I do too. But then I really think about it. I don't want to smoke. Just a memory and let it go. YES WE CAN
YoungAtHeart

Oh, NO, NO, NO, NO you don't!

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!

Don't romance it ----- that crave is going to end whether you smoke or not.........think how lousy you are gonna feel after you cave!  

NO, NO, NO!

Stay strong!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12.

JonesCarpeDiem

Weakend Smeakend!

It don't make no *awkin difference whether it's monday or friday.

one day at a time.

don't overdo on the liquor and if you're going to me around smokers put some vicks under your nose.

you smoke and I keeel you!

Jenny78

Remember distract and delay.  A crave usually last less that 3 minutes.  Can you quit for just 3 minutes?  Yes, you can.  Do something, anything to get your mind distracted to something else.

grandmashell

Thanks for all the suggestions I expecially love the one from Dale I keeelle you , lol love that puppet one of my favorite.