cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What an EXample of the power of EX

Jason
0 9 30

goodness, time flies! I stopped by the supermarket last week and one of the employees/cashiers had a smoke break outside. As me and my wife walked by, i overheard another employee ask them about quitting... She mentioned Chantix but then she mentioned the "Become an Ex" program and how it helped her. Needless to say- I swooped in and joined the chatter.

I was floored- especially since I had been a little removed from the site/community for months now... I was VERY VERY fortunate to be on the ground level as this program started in 4 test markets- one of them being san antonio. and it couldnt have happened at a better time. My life was in one of those critical points: lighting up for anything, no job, new city, heartbroken. Cigs were simply written into my life. And then, a friend of a friend recommended they needed to help get the word out about EX... What a Godsend! I didnt need them- I never did. Cravings were easier said than done but it got much easier.

The date remains with me just as a wedding date/child birthdate... 12/12/05.  And it started with a plan- and a group of people just as committed for you! Kudos to being smoke-free to all of you- we are here for you!

Jason

9 Comments
EllenMT

Wow, talk about being at the right place at the right time!  So glad you made it 5.5 years and were an instrumental part of getting this site going. Imagine how many lives you have saved just by showing up!  Thank from the bottom of my heart!  I too pass the word on about Ex every chance I get. Congratulations and Deepest appreciation for making this site work!

Bonnie11.3.2009

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your story, we're still here doing the same amazing suppoort and guidance and changing lives!  Thanks for your efforts!

jojo29

Hi Jason, So i finally meet the man behind the mask LMAOL;MAO Well, i cant thank u and ur partners there enough, for putting something like this program together. it took me forever to quit smoking,but wen i came across this site,all it took was alil effort and the ppl here tomake a go of it, iam smoke free now 143 days, i owe it all to u guys, i smoked for 40 yrs,2-3 pks aday, you guys have no clue how u helped save lifes,and mine was one of them, and i just want to say thank you very much. 🙂 Joanne.

Jason

Truly awesome guys- thanks for showing it can be done! There continue to be amazing resources on this site written in our lingo. AMEN!

laurie37

EX is an AMAZING place and I tell every one I know about it! I was at my clinic a couple of weeks ago, flipping through a medical magazine, when I saw a big ad for BecomeAnEx. They're really getting the word out. Thank-you for stopping by and thank-you for all you do!!!!!!!

JonesCarpeDiem

glad you stopped to say hi.

congrats on a great quit

I like to walk up to a group of smokers and say "I did that for 40 years"

their response is always "how did you stop"

I think all smokers would like to stop. They are just afraid they can't do it.

maggie_8-1-2010

Cool back story. Glad you wrote. And Dale - you are right. All smokers don't really want to smoke - they just are so fearful and don't even know why. I tell everyone I can about this site.

Strudel

Thanks for dropping by! Ex is truly a great place! Congrats on your fabulous quit!!

skittles8810

I really love the Ex community, if it wasnt for them i would prob still be smoking.