cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What a great day!!

mel_74
0 7 27

I have had a wonderful day overall! Went to work, talked to the boss during all his smoke-breaks.  Got offered a cigarette and told the person "no thank you, but I quit" . What an amazing, liberating feeling! To be able to say "I quit" and have a person ask for my advice about quitting. Of course I directed them to this site. I know I'm young in my quit/ 9 days down but I'm so excited and so happy with myself right now I have to smile! I am 39 years old have smoked since I was 14, and have tried to quit many times. I smoked 2 packs a day and have not made it more than 7 full days without one puff which always had led back to 2 packs a day. I am so thankful for this site and all the info and support it provides ! 

7 Comments
lvs2rock

Congratulations on your quit! I just love this site too! Keep up the positive attitude! Rad and blog! I figured out that blogging is a huge way to deal with the issues and get some wonderful feedback! Read Allan Cars EASYWAY To Quit Smoking...it helps ALOT! As well as whyquit.com...lots of good info there...the people here are wonderful!

Below is a link to the pdf of the Allan Carr book...great read!

media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

JonesCarpeDiem

woo hoo!

cherish those feelings and build on them

ShawnP

Congratulations!!! you're doing great!! but...I have to add that I wouldn't make it a habit to attend smoke breaks all the time. You are still young in your quit and there are times where you will be more vulnerable. Protect you quit !

phyllis-12-7-15

Great job.

Just say N.O.P.E

Nyima_1.6.13

Congratulations on your quit and feeling good! Build on these feelings and try to keep them coming! Another great thing about this site, when you're having a bad day and feel like you really want to cave in, you can go back and read your blogs! Remind yourself just how wonderful you feel when you are in control and not the addiction! Keep up the great work!

YoungAtHeart

Woooo -Hoooo for YOU!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

joyeuxencore

Remember the angel on your shoulder encouraging you to a better life! xo