cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What a day!!!

shashort
1 5 11

Dang Nico dude needs to be stomped out of my brain. I refuse to give in and NOPE, SINAO. My 4 hour infusion lasted 7 hours.  I had a reaction to the IVIGG.  Gave me boat load of Benadryl and steroids. Yay something else to make me climb the wall yippee. They slowed the rate way down and we finally were able to complete it. Craves making me antsy and steroids gives me the jitters don’t mix well. I got up and started do jumping jacks, at least I already know the nurses there and they already thought I was nuts so didn’t surprise them there.  They did laugh at me though, gave them entertainment lol.   Oh what a day it has been. Think my sanity is going but at least I am still smoke free. ARG!! Wish these craves would leave me the heck alone. Finally home and hopefully I can peel me off the ceiling and get some sleep tonight.   Trying to stay busy for a while in hopes I might sleep all night.  Still NOPE! NOPE!! And I don’t do that anymore.  Thanks for listening.

5 Comments
plug66

ALWAYS HERE

MarilynH

((((((((((Humongous cyber hugs for you Sharon))))))))))

YoungAtHeart

Vent anytime here - it's what they pay us the big bucks for.......................................(oh, wait.....................................)

🙂

elvan

Sharon,

SOOOOOOO sorry about the infusion and even sorrier about the IV steroids.  As someone who has been on steroids for almost 25 years, I know well what the high doses are like.  I do have to tell you that I quit smoking when I was on mega doses on a daily basis and I could not relax.  I didn't smoke but I remember that peel me off the ceiling feeling!

Thinking of you, praying for you, and sending you hugs and more hugs!

Ellen

PennyLynn7407

Prayers and (((Hugs))) for you, Sharon! It WILL get better! You are awesome!!!

About the Author
Hi! My name is Sharon and I am married, a mom to 5 kids and also have 2 fur babies that are both shelties and considered my kids. I have smoked for about 30 years. I came here to learn how to quit and stay quit. I need to quit to impove my health and was tired of nicotine controlling me and Doctors and family nagging me. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Now that I have joined in the EX family I now have been free of nicotine since May 13th 2016.