cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What a Lazy Day

djmurray
0 9 36

I seem to have gone from one extreme to another.  I did NOTHING today.  Woke up about 8:30 a.m., got on the computer until approximately noon (!) then made lunch and started to read, decided not to go to bingo, and finished the book I was reading at 10 p.m.  I don't think I've walked even 1,000 steps today, but I'm not too worried about it because I think I need to have one day a week when I'm not counting steps, and if I want to lay around I can lay around.  Didn't think about smoking at all today -- that's such a blessing -- and maintained my healthy eating (don't actually think I ate enough, but I haven't been moving, so I think it balances out.)

So my dear friends, I'm going to start another book and read until I fall asleep, but I didn't want to miss touching base with all of you.

Love -- and Sweet Dreams -- The Other Donna (Sparky is the first one)

9 Comments
bonniebee

Glad you got a day off Donna ! It is nice to change things up routine can be so boring ! It is better to keep your excercise a fun enterprise !

I love to read I am reading ROOTS it is a long book I feel like I have been reading it since I quit ! I am finally on the last few chapters !

Sweet dreams to you to !

JACKIE1-25-15

Glad you took some you time.  Have a smokefree easy day.

MarilynH

I hope you enjoy this beautiful Sunday, it's a chilly morning but it's supposed to warm up. 

smorgy8513

It's all about balance Donna!        Nothing wrong in taking a "down day" and just relaxing.            I didn't do alot yesterday either.      Did get in 2724 steps but it was only up a few from day before.     I'm having foot pain so it was difficult to walk.      Going to podiatrist on Monday.   

Have a great day today!

Sharon

Barbara145

Whew!  It is about time!  You are so entitled to some real rest.  Good for you!  I would say you are taking care of yourself.  You are amazing.  Enjoy!

ShawnP

I think that we tend to do too much in our daily lives. We have to have days like this from time to time. 

YoungAtHeart

Your shins thank you, I'm sure!

Enjoy this day!

Nancy

sparky26

Well it's good to know you can be lazy once in a while .LoL

And I've also heard it's good to have that day of rest , we are supposed to take rest days when working out . My  problem is I have more rest days then walking days these days.

Enjoy you Sunday  Donna

bethso

It sounds like you had a great day of rest!  That is awesome that you were able to slow down and those thoughts of smoking did not peek through!!