cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What Makes Your Heart Sing?

SimplySheri
4 8 10

~~And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.~~  Friedrich Nietzsche

I dance.  Outside on the curb like Gene Kelly in "Singing in the Rain".  Down aisle 11 in Wal-Mart.  People who know me indulge me.  Its part of who I am.  It makes me happy.  And those who love me, love to see me happy.  They don't care that I dance, they encourage it!

Yet there are those who don't hear the music. Does that mean I should stop dancing?  Of course not!!  I may grab their hand and encourage them to dance with me.  Some do and love it!  Others look horrified and scuttle away with their WalMart carts full of indignation and superiority.

Well, that's ok.  Truly.  We are all made differently....uniquely.  But even so, we are all made to have passions in life.  Those things that help us scrape life's negative goop from our shoes so we can continue on our journeys.....

So what makes you happy?  Is it dancing?  Is it gardening?  Is it listening to your favorite music?  Is it baking?  What makes your heart sing? Find it and delight in it and use it with joy!!

Because, you see, its so much easier to quit smoking....to ease stress.....to work our way out of depression.....when we focus on what we love.  What we truly shine at.  What makes us sparkle. 

I dance.  And I will continue to dance no matter how insane I am thought to be by those who don't hear the music.  And I will continue to hope that they find their passion...their joy.....so that they too will be able to scrape the goop from their shoes and shine on. 

8 Comments