cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What Makes A Quit?

TheOldGoat-Joan
8 9 140

Is it willpower? NAAAAAAH! Some magic formula? NAAAAAAAAH!

What makes a quit succeed then???

How about ...

COMMITMENT

DEDICATION

ATTITUDE (QUITITUDE)

and most of all, LOVE

Love for your family and yourself. Dedication to the task you have set for yourself. The attitude that you will succeed. Lastly, commitment to the decision to throw away what is taking years away from your life.

Those are the weapons you need to beat the addiction to nicotine.

Just my thoughts, right or wrong....

Keep them away from your face. You can't smoke them that way!!!

Joan the Old Goat

9 Comments
OldBones-Larry

Thank you my dear friend for these words of wisdom. I can see where each of these things would have a part in quitting.

rosemarymom

words of wisdom.  Sometimes the old goats still got the smarts!!!

Thank you

JonesCarpeDiem

smoking is not required unless it's a big brisket

Magstoyou

Great Blog!!!Sometimes we need to be  remiinded again further along in are quit!!!

Thanks

Mag279days

Strudel

Well said Old Goat! 

cheyenne7

"Dedication to the task you have set for yourself.  The attitude that you will succeed".....More words to put in my phone when the nicodemon is screaming at me, pulling my hair......I will look at this, along with the other wise pharses I've been collecting here....

I've always liked goats : )

annb
Thank you Old Goat for standing steady and watching our progress! Bless you!
Sootie

OldBones-Larry‌   I get tears in my eyes every time you post one of Joan's blogs. I think it is so wonderful how you keep her alive in this community. That is how we all go on after we die......when someone from the living...takes our memory and our gifts into the future.

Bless you Larry.  I am sure Joan is blessing you.

elvan

OldBones-Larry‌ I agree wholeheartedly with Sootie‌, thank you for keeping her alive for all of us.

About the Author
Gone but Not Forgotten. RIP - they leave a legacy of their quit journeys behind as road maps for future members, to prevent the pitfalls, provide the tools and show the hope and possibilities for success at overcoming this addiction at any age at any stage. Older than I will admit to. Just an Old Goat helping out if she can. I gave up my death sticks Oct. 21, 1994. Joan