cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What I Did and What I've Learned

YoungAtHeart
0 9 14

When I was a smoker and waiting for someone, they would always show up right when I lit a cigarette.

What I've learned since I quit is if you drink too much you may lose "it."  Please don't chance it!

Nancy

9 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

It stuck with me It stuck with me

I didn't go back and now I'm free.

Puff-TM-Draggin

So if I'm tired of waiting for someone who is late I should light up?  Is that what I'm supposed to take away from that?

I get the second part, anyway.

= P

sparky26

It's like when you light a cigarette so your food would come , hahaha remember that ? Back when you could smoke in restaurants. 

YoungAtHeart

puff - no and yes (in THAT order!)

joedice711

i get what u r saying young...good piont

Puff-TM-Draggin

Now you've really confused me, Nancy.  Let's see.  You say "no and yes, (in that order.)"  So let's piece this out.

I say: "If I'm tired of waiting for someone who is late I should light up?"

and you say, "No,"

and I say, " Is that what I'm supposed to take away from that?"

and you say, "Yes."

The second question is simply a confirmation of the accuracy of the presumption of the first question.  How can the presumption of the first question be negative but the confirmation of the accuracy of the first statement be positive?  It either has to be "yes, yes," or "no, no."

Ugh!  How do I get myself into these things!!!

jonilou

If you drink PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

YoungAtHeart

@ puff

Vaseline?

🙂

MarilynH

Thank you Nancy, I choose sobriety as well as smobriety. 

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.