cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Well....where do I start?

melboqua4
0 8 16

So I haven't been on in a day or so my youngest son had surgery yesterday so we had alot going on.  He had tubes put in his ears so it was nothing serious but it was stressful.  So yesterday I had no patches just gum and let me tell you I wasn't ready for that I had horrible cravings and they haven't been that bad using both so I did slip I don't consider it anything huge, I consider it small and it was a mistake I just have to learn to cope with stressful situations without ciggarettes.  I did however buy another box of patches and felt much better once I got that on my skin.  I did make it through work last night without slipping and didn't have any problems.  I feel that I'm back on track everyone has to learn from their mistakes during times like this and that is what I'm doing at this point.  This is still fresh for me and the lesson is I have learned to do other things and cope with things in other ways besides ciggarettes.  I don't want to be judged for one mistake and I am still at my quitting attempt.  So at this point instead of criticizing me for my mistake support me with the lesson I have learned.  I am scared of being judged for making a mistake even though I know I'm wrong because it happens to the best of us.  So that is that I don't know what else to say but mistakes made and lessons learned.

8 Comments