cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Well, half way through Day 1

Courage
1 12 43

Just checking in with only the best people in the world.  I don't want to push the day away, but man I'd sure like it to be over with.

Hugs to all, trying to stay strong at a weak moment.

12 Comments
OldBones-Larry

Glad to see you back friend. Please ask for help if you need it.

Larry

elvan

So incredibly happy to see you here, hang in there Fannie, the days go by faster if you are not fighting the urges.  You already know that.  Love you, xoxoxo

Courage

I will Larry, you know it!

I know my Ellen, putting down the boxing gloves...  😉

sparky26

Hey courage , so happy to see you back !   

Courage

Thank you Sparky!  🙂

LouiseR

So glad to see you back Fannie.  Be sure to drink lots of water and remember, a crave only lasts a few minutes so do what ever works to get through it.  Welcome back!!!

smorgy8513

She's back........

and I'm so happy!

Don't forget you have people here who love you and will help you in any way they can....you know who we are!

Love.....

Sharon

Terri103

You don't know me, yet!  Hey, let this be the forever quit!  You can do it!  I'm like having a mental breakdown and I am doing it.  So I believe in your and I believe that you DO have the courage!  

You've been here before, so you know all the stuff.  Here is my reason for quitting:  I got a huge pay cut and job title demotion, the rest of my job is still in jeopardy.  I have experienced bullying personally and by my boss.  I feel like everything is spinning out of control....I am powerless.  BUT then I realized that I CAN have control over one thing.  My quit.  seriously, I am in control of this.  no one and nothing can mess with my quit.  So just like a little kid holding a piece of candy tightly in their chubby little fist, that is me and my quit.  Not sure if you need something you are in control of, but if so, quitting is a good thing to pick.   hugs!

rosemarymom

Unreal!  This must mean something.  I am two hours from being 24 hours quit. My day one is almost over!  I want it over also. 

Came on here for encouragement and could not believe you are also on day one.  I hate too mention it cuz I have blown so many quits but its YOU!  My friend!  Let's get this done this time

Love ya,

Rosemary

YoungAtHeart

This CAN be your final quit!  Commit that you will not put another cigarette in your mouth NO MATTER WHAT!

I'm glad you're back.  Let us help you get it done this time!

Nancy

Strudel

Welcome back and congrats on your quit!! 

bonniebee

WELcome bACk SORRY MY CAPS LOCK IS MESSED UP AS YOU CAN SEE but SO HAPPY FOR YoU !  gRAB THOSE STRAWS !  looK at THE Big picture THIS MOMENT WILL PASS one day AT a tiME and nopE !    🙂

About the Author
Gone but Not Forgotten. RIP - they leave a legacy of their quit journeys behind as road maps for future members, to prevent the pitfalls, provide the tools and show the hope and possibilities for success at overcoming this addiction at any age at any stage. Quit March 16th. 52 years old, smoked 2 packs a day for 40 years, enough said. Day 124, July 18 I smoked a cigarette and continued to smoke (because there is no such thing as just one) until Sunday, November 2, 2014. April 24, 2015 I'm editing the above. Certainly did not quit back in November and I'm 53 now. Boy, time sure flies... There's nothing worse than being a smoker who wants nothing more than to quit. Okay, so now it's over a year, but I will do this starting today, August 17, 2015. Out of the darkness and into the light.... Needed to update this, quit as of September 14, 2015. Anyone contemplating losing their quit, just follow this time line, it's taken me over a year to take back my freedom when I thought it was going to be so easy to take it back before. Don't make that mistake. Wish I had a counter, but as I write this it is September 24, 2015, I'm in the baby stages of my quit. Day one again, September 28, 2015