cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Well I always thought to myself that there is one thing that could push me over the edge to smoke again

coug
0 10 24

That would be my husband having another heart attack. Well at 8.00am this morning he called me into his office and told me he was having a heart attack. I have been through 2 Major heart attacks and a pace maker operation with him already. I walked him to te livingroom and called 911.

As we were waiting for the parametics, I started getting dressed and prepared for an abulance ride and a long day at the hospital.I made a special trip back into his office and grabed his cigerretts and put them in my pocket book. All the way to the hhospital I was a nervous wreck as I could him them working on him in the back. I thought to myself I need a cig and as soon as this ride stops I will have one. Well after we got to the hospital I said to myself I will make sure he is all set first thhen come out and have one.

Funny how I kept putting it off. I then said to myself ..let me wait to see what the doc says and if it is really bad news and then I will have one. Well with alot of praying his blood presure started to return to normal..the pain in his chest starting to go away and he got is color back. He started feeling better and I made it through my biggest fear smoke free! I know now I can stay smoke free no matter what. They are doing more test in the morning but his doc said if all is well he can come home.

10 Comments
2012_is_for_me

Wow, I'm so glad to hear that your husband is doing better.  How stressful for you though and of course, for him.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I think we all have that "if _____ happens, this quit is off."  No one ever wants to face that day and if we must, I hope we get through it just like you.  Thanks for posting.

coug

Thank you for the kind words and it still feels great to be smoke free 🙂

JonesCarpeDiem

good job coug. that is some big stress.

i'm glad he's better and you kept realizing you weren't going to smoke

misty_dawn

Wow, honey.  I'm so glad he's ok and that you didn't smoke.  When that moment happened to me, I was almost talking myself into it and what a great moment it was.

Prayers for you guys.

MoeUnfiltered
Dear Coug, I am sorry this is happening to both of you.Great job protecting your quit! Not one puff no matter what!Moe
MarcieWhosoever

im so glad your hubby is ok. And that you did not smoke!

Maybe now he will quit?

Strudel

Coug - I am so glad he is okay and that you protected your quit - no matter what! That success will be there for you to look back on and say - I can get through anything!!! Congrats to you. Take care!

Ex_Nancy

Be VERY PROUD of yourself Coug! So happy that you kept your quit...Prayers up for you and our Husband...xoxo

coug

Thank you everyone for your support and prayers 🙂

rachel65

Hi Coug, Just read your blog. so sorry to hear about your hubby. glad he is o.k. now, sorry you both had to go through the trauma of all that. Well done on not smoking. sending you my warmest wishes and health and happiness for both you and your husband. Rachel.