cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Weird happenings...

blueinchains
0 12 35

Greetings to you all!  You guys are the only people on the planet that ever check up on me.  Not my so called friends and family, but my exsmoker friends.  And for that I love each and every one of you, truly!

Things are getting better with my husband and I, we have decided to call it quits but will remain friends.  I have been opening up to some of my friends after so many years about certain things, and am not feeling so "in the closet" anymore. 

I am still smoke free and loving it!  Just this morning I went outside and sipped on a rare cup of coffee, and my mind wandered to when I used to HAVE to come outside as soon as I got up to smoke, then at specific times throughout the day.  I relish the fact that I don't need that anymore, and even after 117 days smoke free, I am amazed at how much stronger I am physically, mentally, and emotionally.  I don't usually open up to people but have decided that along with opening up I will own the great things about myself and build my self confidence.  Not smoking, I believe, is one of the best confidence boosters EVER!

Once again, I love you all very much and love hearing from you.  Sooner or later I will get to respond to your posts as well!!!  Huggies 😃

12 Comments
bcs1212

Freedom is amazing, there are so many benefits to being smoke free. God Bless

wishingstar

Hi and thats wonderful 117 days .  This my second week and I'm all ready seeing a big difference and cant wait to shout out 30 days free.

I will have you in my prayers , speration is not always easy thing. but you will befine 🙂

Renee

Nyima_1.6.13

Congrats on 117 and so good to see you here! Glad you and the soon to be ex husband are able to remain amicable! Sounds like life is pretty good right now and your confidence is soaring! Keep it up!

Joan_01-02-2015

117 days is huge!!  Congratulations on the realization that as you continue to not smoke, yes, your confidence level does sore.....................................I cannot even imagine what oppression those companies were keeping us under with all of the chemicals we were ingesting every day.  My anxiety has decreased immensley after quitting (on day 112?).  Just think about the hell those chemicals put you through - and enjoy that coffee;)  Happy Sunday!

YoungAtHeart

I am so happy to see you and you are sounding WONDERFUL!

Congratulations on your 117 days.  Yes - quitting smoking requires so much work that when you are successful you feel like you can do ANYTHING.  Do keep in mind that you are still in No Man's Land and might get ambushed by a crave.  Just use the tools that got you this far and you will be fine.

As Mike n' Atlanta likes to say, "keep on keepin' on!"

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

blueinchains

Thanks everyone!  About to go camping and build a bonfire (if it doesn't rain again) so will be signing off here shortly.  The only smoke I'll have out there is the smoke from the fire!!! 😃

Huggs everyone

joyeuxencore

Oh Blue SO glad to hear things are better! Your triple digit rewards are right on target...Read this awesome post our beloved Thomas shared on his first 100 days:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Thomas3.20.2010-blog/2013/03/10/gifts-for-body-mind-and-spi...         

Michwoman

You were one of the first people to befriend me here and I am so glad things are going well for you! Congrats on 117 days - the exit from No Man's Land is just ahead!!

JonesCarpeDiem

EXCELLENT

Brian100

Strudel

Congrats on 117 days! (I am so sorry about your marriage - but, glad you worked out a way to remain friends.) Enjoy the bonfire! 

mygirls-6-5-17

Congratulations! You sound great despite your recent challenges:) Keep it up!