cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Wednesday's Freedom Train~~~Pir8fan 2,000, Skygirl 1,000, Freeneasy 900, Em 50 days!!

ShawnP
0 25 101

Good afternoon fellow EXer's! The Freedom Train is on the tracks, and prepared to make it's daily run to Freedom from smoking! Everyone is invited to come aboard to celebrate their own personal Freedom, and that of their friends!!

If you are new here, this vehicle provides an area for everyone to gather and celebrate the milestones, and successes of those in our community! There are no tickets! The fuel for this locomotive is love and caring! The rides on this Train are paid for in contributions to the quits of others! The only thing required to ride this Train is a desire to breathe Free! We encourage everyone to join in the celebration! No matter where you are in your quit, today is special, and is cause for celebration! Celebrate with others, and they will celebrate with you! There are no baggage fees! Bring all your "EXtra baggage"! We will help you sort it out!

We encourage you to come aboard today! Shout out your personal milestones, and those of your friends! Show your pride in your quit!   2 Days,   200 Days or   2000 Days!  More, if you have them! Let us hear from you, and let us all celebrate our   FREEDOM!!Post food and music!   IT IS PARTY TIME!!!

This Train is bound for FREEDOM from the Evils tobacco and smoking!!
   "IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"
   ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!!!!                        - Shawn
Tags (1)
25 Comments
ShawnP

Pir8fan AKA Tommy!

ShawnP

Skygirl AKA Nancy!

ShawnP

Freeneasy AKA Jim!

ShawnP

Em!

Jennifer-Quit

Some really impressive numbers here today!  Congrats to Tommy, Sky, Freeneasy,Em and all others celebrating your freedom from smoking!

Jennifer 419 DOF

ShawnP

I am boarding this train with 1194 days today!

I am glad they got the site up before i had to leave for work. Let's hope it stays up and running now!  I am sure you all are starving now hehe

Help yourself!

BTW Tommy, i had to put a limit on your dogs.

ShawnP

Hmmm lets see peanut butter pie, pineapple cream or banana cream? Does any of these tickle your taste buds?

ShawnP

I have some special guests here. Meet our DJ

and we also have some LIVE singing too!

ShawnP

Tommy, i know u will want this, extra salt and extra pitcher to last for awhile.

ShawnP

Get your hands up in the air!

Move that booty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

freeneasy

Thanks Shawn! Ummmm- chili dogs, fried chicken, kabobs and shrimp cocktail. That's my kind of surf and turf! That peanut butter pie looks interesting too. Congrats to all aboard and thanks to all of you for helping me get here!

JACKIE1-25-15

yay me 150 dof

ShawnP

Caribbean Queen- Billy Ocean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa0eBa6wifo

Get down on it- Kool n the Gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xJWQPdG7jE

ShawnP

Its on auto pilot now, have to get ready for work. Have a good afternoon and party on!

YoungAtHeart

Wow - such distinguished people AND distinguished quits! 

Skygirl - welcome to the Quad Squad!

Free - 900 Days?  Almost to the Quad Squad!

Em  - 50 - you are DOIN: this, girl!

And last (but certainly not least)  - Tommy with zillions of days (at least it seems like it!)

I see chocolate cake, so all that's left for me to do is offer...

to these folks and everyone aboard today celebrating their quits!

Nancy

Giulia

Wow what an amazing group of milestones today!!! 3,950 smoke free days between Tommy, Sky, Freeneasy and Em alone.  HATS OFF TO YOU ALL!  And that same hat  thrown into the air will glee for the rest of the riders today!  Toooot Tooot Terrific!

linda258

585 days

Em_12

Thanks for the encouragement and celebration everyone! You guys are the best!  Dancing to your celebration music, Shawn!

elvan

HUGE celebrations today!  Congratulations Sky, Free, and Em.  So incredibly happy for you and proud OF you!  

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations Tommy, Nancy, Jim, and Melissa Eminor. Great quits!

MarilynH

Wow, we do have some very special milestones today, congrats to each and everyone of you on your wonderful quits. Congrats to everyone on board,I am here with 346 and counting. 

ninepatch

Great Numbers being celebrated.  Congrats to all celebrating freedom. 

Strudel

CONGRATS! 

sparky26

Congratulations everyone !

pir8fan

Thank you Shawn for all your work, and for picking me up today! A big thank you to all who have celebrated with me today!

Big numbers are hard to think about, but all can do it one day at a time!

Frozen margarita with EXtra salt (dont tell Sandy) time!

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later