cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

We've lost our Courage

JonesCarpeDiem
0 27 43

I was notified this morning and asked to notify all of you who don't yet know that Fannie has passed away unexpectedly at 52.

She was just here within the past week starting another quit.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/courage

Please read her last blog and realize that complications from smoking do not get better if you don't quit.

R.I.P Fannie. It's always sad to see smoking take another person before their time.

27 Comments
MarilynH

Oh my this is so sad, R.I.P,Fannie my sincere condolences to her family and friends. We must continue to honor our quits to try and protect our health and hopefully have a better quality of life. I have tears in my eyes while writing this . My heart goes out to her family, her life ended way too soon!

Thomas3.20.2010

So young! Our Friend, Fannie, did her best time and time again and just couldn't quit smoking for long! My deepest condolences to your Family, Courage. I know you are breathing better now and finally FREE of this wicked Addiction!

I'm still in shock....

R.I.P.!

linda.mustafa

Ahhhh Fannie , I know you are in peace now , may God bless your soul

linda.mustafa

I will always love and remember you 

froguelady

I am so very sorry. I liked Frannie very much, I will miss her.

smorgy8513

I am so sad to hear this!     Too young!      She would come back here and try and then beat herself up.     She doesn't have to beat herself up any more.

Sympathy to her family.

PLEASE take this to heart .... none of us are safe as long as we keep smoking!       Let Fannie's death be a lesson for all of us.

I will miss you Fannie!!!

Sharon

pir8fan

Lord, we commend the spirt of our sister, Fannie, to your loving care. Amen

cpsono

So sorry.  This is very sad news!!

kristen-9-7-15

My heart is breaking. Even though we only "met" online, it still hurts to lose her.  Rest in peace Fannie.

JACKIE1-25-15

I am speechless, this is so sad.  Sorry she is gone. So very young. .

Jennifer-Quit

My condolences to her family and friends.  May she RIP.

elvan

Oh my God, no, I am so sorry for her family.  She struggled so hard and she so wanted to quit.  We had been texting back and forth up until a few days ago. She was an amazing woman.  I will miss her, always.

Thank you for letting us know, Dale.

YoungAtHeart

I am heartbroken - and angry at Big Tobacco and the world for allowing this poison to continue to be marketed and sold.

Tears.

RIP, Courage

Nancy

Magstoyou

So sorry to hear about Courage

She wanted to quit so bad and she kept  trying

Prayers for her family and friends

Mag

annb
Stunned, heartbroken. She was a friend to everyone! I felt a deep connection even tho we had never met in person We had always planned to meet up and take the beach!! Dear Fannie I will meet you yet in the future when there are no more goodbyes. RIP Love
Giulia

Angry and sad.  Prayers for her faimly.

I so hate this addiction.  Through her death, may somebody else gain the courage to quit and find a new life here.

Barbara145

Oh my gosh.  What a tragedy, how sad.  What I saw in Fannie along with all her fine attributes was that she was stubborn, like me.  It is so difficult to quit smoking when you are stubborn and head strong.  It is only by God's grace that I quit.  What a loss.

joedice711

just makes me not want want to smoke ever again..so sad,,so young..i guess some of us are so blessed to have smoked so long (myself) included and have no ill effects so far...count each day as a blessing,i do..

TerrieQuit

Our dear Fannie, who never Quit, quittting! May you Rest in Peace! My thoughts and prayers go out to Courage's family! She was so young! She will be missed!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Sootie

So sad.........

52? Gone too soon.

Rest in peace.

dpop
I am without words. So young..condolences to her family and hoping she is at peace. I will learn from this. She will be my inspiration to keep going...
Kimshine

Last week was the first I had seen her when she wrote her last blog. This is terrible. RIP Fannie, and God bless her family. All the more reason to protect myself, for all of us to protect ourseles, she was only 5 yrs older than me. This is horribly tragic. She will be my inspiration to keep going too. So sad.

ShawnP
I read this blog this am and was in shock. We were emailing back n forth a week ago. How quickly something like this can happen. We never know when we will take our last breath. Counting my blessings each day that I have on this earth. Fannie, I know you are in a much better place now. Rest in peace my friend.
freeneasy

Goodbye Rest in Peace Fannie.

HealthyOrange

How truly sad this is.  I am still in such disbelief.  I could tell from her recent blogs she was in trouble, but was hoping it was just enough to give her her permanent quit.  We truly never know how much damage we have done or what time we have left.  My heart goes out to her family.  What a tragic loss of a beautiful person.  And my heart goes out to all of you friends that were close with her.  Know that your love made her days brighter.

sparky26

This is sad news , but grateful to you Dale for letting us all know .

sparky26

This is sad news , but grateful to you Dale for letting us all know .

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.