cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Want to Succeed? Treat This Like Jumping into a Lake

Breakinchains
0 10 1

It's cabin season here in Minnesota again. Everyone will be heading to the lake for the upcoming holiday. This always reminds me of the times I used to run from the dock, jump into the air, and come crashing down into the water on a hot summers day. There's nothing better, lol. I've always thought of quitting smoking like jumping off a dock. Once you leave your feet, there's no going back. There is a cold shock when you first hit the water, but once you get used to it, the water feels great!

Once you decide to quit smoking, there is no going back, not if you want to succeed. It is uncomfortable at first, but in time you will get used to it, and it will feel great! Not only will your medical condition likely improve, but you will experience a freedom, the freedom from the chains of smoking, that you have never known.  So don't be afraid, jump in with both feet, you will like where you land.  

10 Comments
About the Author
I quit smoking on March 26th, 2009. I smoked a pack a day for 25 years. I quit because I began having health issues in my early 40's. I had a TIA and a stroke a few years ago. I work as a home delivery salesperson.