cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Wanna Quit to go to the US Marines

spartanscasey
0 9 17

I'm only 16 and i've been smokin since i was 12 my dad died recently last year and i'm in placement and it stresses me out everyday it's like i can't quit and i say i'll quit when i leave but i think i'm telling myself lies so how do i quit now with all these stresser's and downers?

9 Comments
hwc

Quitting smoking is really simple. You just stop. Don't allow smoking to be an option. Not one puff. Ever. 

Here's a trick that helped me. Instead of moping about giving up cigarettes when I wanted  one, I thought about a positive image of being a non-smoker. In your case, the next time you want a cigarette, close your eyes, picture yourselve standing at attention in a Marine dress uniform, and take a couple of deep, long breaths.

This way, you change the game. Craves don't trigger negative thoughts about giving up cigarettes. They trigger positive thoughts about how great it is to be a non-smoker.

Bottom line. There's no half way with smoking. You have a choice: smoke none (not even one puff) or smoke all of them, all day, every day.

summer-07-06-15

Start with the how to quit smoking, quit smoking staying quit, my quit plan which will help you track how many ciggs you smoke and how to deal with stresser's and go to youngat heart page to help you do others things instead of smoking

Read Allen Carr' easy to stop smoking, www.whyquit.com. www.quitsmokingonline.com.  READ READ

sorry about the loss of your father, you will do this once you put your mind on a positive attitude. 

Also go to jonescarp aka Dale page.

Deepest Sympathies

Patty70

I am glad to see you here. This is the place for you to find the knowledge and support that will get you to where you want to be.  

When  I quit, it was because I came here and got my quit plan here. Do check out Jonescarp's page.  It reads like an instruction manual.

You can absolutely do this. 

freeneasy

You can do it. Learn all about nicotine addiction. Smoking does not stop stress it causes it. You are doing the best thing for your health. You are not giving something up you You are gaining freedom from addiction.

freeneasy

P.S sorry to hear of your dad passing and good the in  the Marines! When I was in Navy boot camp (a long time ago) They would not let us smoke for about the first week. When they finally allowed us to smoke everyone was getting dizzy!

GreenThumb3

You will be able to run a lot  better be stronger  will make boot camp better as for stress we learn to not need it for stress releif we eat or walk or just think or whatever  we do the body needs no nicotine but  being you are smoking I completely understand it probably seems like you need it you have been delt a rough hand my deepest condolances follow your dreams or what you want to do your young do it smoke free even better 

Brenda_M

Hi, welcome!!!

You came to the right place! Summer gave you some good advice and links.

This community really focuses on education about addiction. The reading is IMPORTANT. I'd start with Allen Carr. He's the man.

joyeuxencore

Welcome young one! How awesome you want to take your life back from addiction when you have so much of it left to live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The MOST important thing you can do is educate yourself about the nicotine addiction by reading, reading and more reading… Congratulations on the best decision you could possibly make for yourself.

You make a decision that no matter how you ‘feel’, no matter what ‘happens’ or what you ‘think’ that you are not going to smoke because you don’t do that anymore.

With that decision we suggest a 'quit kit' composed of a list of distraction techniques and things to help you through like cinnamon sticks, crunchy things (carrots, celery, chips some hard candy, lots of water), lemons…biting into a lemon or sticking your head in the freezer and taking a deep breath gets you through. Also cutting straws in half to chew on. The trick is distraction as a crave only lasts 3 to 5 minutes and is gone whether or not you smoke!!!

It takes the mindset that we aren't giving up anything...we are doing it because we want to and not signing up for a lifetime of deprivation but a lifetime of freedom...that is the personal journey no one can take for us... xo

"YOU are worth SO MUCH MORE than a cigarette" xo

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf  Alan Carr free download

http://quitsmokingonline.com/

Understanding  nicotine addiction:

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html  

bonniebee

Welcome ! So many awesome people here to help you quit ! So good to quit while you are young and healthy ! Sounds like you have had it tough and smoking does not do anything to make life easier . Stay on this site and you will get alot of support !

((()HUGS)))