cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

WOODSTOCK?? WHO KNEW?

Sootie
0 13 58

Woodstock is a HUGE trigger!!! Well, the music from Woodstock, I mean.

Uh----yeah,  I AM that old.

My son borrowed my Woodstock CD’s a few years ago when he was going through a “retro” period.  They disappeared into the black hole of his room where I found them today.

Grace Slick---Volunteers of America and HELLO! Craving a cigarette at almost five years quit.

Why am I writing this?  To reassure, explain, clarify----whatever------------ for the newbies who may want to know that a crave at 5 years is extremely different than a crave when you first quit. It was like this…….

1.      Music

2.      Singing at the top of my lungs

3.      WOW------really want a cigarette!

4.      Smile. How crazy. A cigarette. HA! How silly.

5.      On to White Rabbit (for the young ones……it’s a song)

Stay Strong. After awhile you will simply shake your head and smile if you ever think of smoking.

I PROMISE!!!

13 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

I'm right there! Shaking a leg  (in my mind!)!

It's so easy to let go and move on from the memory of smoke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZceAQSJvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h66qXAK-q3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt-907OpVFk

But I will never move on from the memory of the 60s!

Bee_Jay

You are just so groovy, Sootie!!! and if you go chasing rabbits.............. Peace & Love!

annb
Just go "ask Alice!" 🙂
johio

Sometimes the strongest triggers come from way back...in another life.....and old songs will usually take you there and catch you by surprise...Been there

Brenda_M
I loved reading this, Sootie! You are too cool!!!
YoungAtHeart

It's "romancing that cigarette" to the max!!!!

You can go back - sing and groove and DANCE to the music - smoking is not required.

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

wasn't that Sly and The Family Stone Nancy?

pir8fan

Ahhhh Woodstock! I remember............Ah......... not much! But some awesome music came from there! And that lives! It is just as good without the cloud of smoke!!

Strudel

Bee Jay is so right - you are indeed groovy! Loved this! Thanks - for the reminder of the time - but also for the reminder of smiling and saying - "How crazy....how silly...!"  Fabulous blog! 

froguelady

I remember Woodstock even if I lived far away, I saw lots on TV.  There was some great music so don't smoke just dance. HUGS

ShawnP
I was born a year later but do remember and like that music to this day. Crosby stills and nash, santana, grateful dead, credence clearwater, jimmy hendrix and SHA NA NA!!! My generation was more in the 80's but I l love all kinds of music from all generations. Thanks for the reminances!
smorgy8513

Sootie......thanks for the memories!      Wasn't there in person, but THAT was my music!

karen230

Yes, that was my music too. Love it and love your blog. It is so nice to hear that a craving at five years is that simple to shrug off!

About the Author
I quit smoking in 2009 after years and years of addiction. I just became sick and tired of the whole smoking thing. This site was a lifesaver with the support I received...so as you can see, I hung around to help others. I became friends with many people....some are here now and some are gone. Welcome to anyone who is new....this is EX....we are all here for each other.