cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

WHY QUIT?

Thomas3.20.2010
0 21 119

So, folks, please share your number one reason that you actually did quit and include how long you have lived N.O.P.E. 

My number one reason for quitting: COPD

I have been quit for 5 Years 1 Month and 2 Weeks

21 Comments
prjimm01

several reasons - COPD, grandchildren, girlfriend, too young to die!!!  Want to be able to walk and bike and golf and fly and have active life!!!

I am quit for 101 days today after smoking for 50 years.

NOPE my freinds

smorgy8513

After 45+ years of smoking and many "I'll quit tomorrow" attempts I became smart and learned about the addiction part of this.       I wanted to live longer and have a Quality of Life life....

One year, nine months, 2 hours, 39 minutes and 7 seconds. 9571 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3,278.29. Life saved: 4 weeks, 5 days, 5 hours, 35 minutes.

Sharon
Storm.3.1.14

My #1 reason: Finally got fed up with the filth of a toxic addiction.

I have been quit for 1 Year, 2 Months and 6 days

Jennifer-Quit

Sick and tired of all of it!!!!  369 days!

LouiseR

My health - 601 days smoke free!!!

freeneasy

Heal from surgery and fear of what would happen to me if I did not stop. 2years and 4 months. N.O.P.E.!

sprinkles104-2

I quit for my freedom!!  I don't want an addiction to rule my life and keep me away from the things that I love to do.  7 days 🙂

ninepatch

#1 reason: Started having trouble breathing.  And one of my biggest fear is of drowning or smothering.

Quit for 1012 days.

JACKIE1-25-15

I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired of  being sick and tired of being sick and tired of cigarettes.  Praises 100 days today. TDC 

Strudel

Freedom - and 1,797 days! Thanks Thomas! 

sparky26

Tried of being a slave , but. To be really honest it was because I was having trouble breathing. That was 340 days ago . N.o.p.e.

Deena-A-Yenni

I was tired of constantly having to feed my addiction, it was a never ending rotation out the door.  My main motivation was my shortness of breath.  I don't want to have to be on oxygen if I can help it.

2 glorious days of Freedom!!

MarilynH

Health reasons namely finding out I have Copd, I realized after smoking 40 yrs that It was time to quit, 296 DOF and counting. 

Marilyn 

SimplySheri
I quit because I didn't want to be controlled by cigarettes anymore. 700 days today, Thomas!!
Pops

I want to be able to live in retirement.  I really don't think that I will reach 70 years old if I am smoking.  Seems a waste of a lifetime, to work for seventy years and die before I get a chance to live in retirement.

Pops  17 days of freedom

JulieSw

426 days

quit for myself and my family:-)

djmurray

Seeing an x-ray of my lungs and I've been happily quit for 125 days and on to forever.

Mrs.Rum

1.  I was having hip surgery that was going to need the very small blood vessels to work really well to heal properly.

2.  I was sick and tired of being a slave to something I couldn't seem to walk away from.  I couldn't understand why I couldn't just put it down and be done.

735 days.

Jenn_06-03-14

My reason is because I felt so unhealthy!  I couldn't breathe!  I had headaches ALL the time!  I hated the smell!  So, I have many reasons why I quit!  I have been quit now for 11 months!  My ONE year is next month!  And let me tell ya!  I feel amazing!

jacks1125

just wanted to feel and be healthy..524 days!!

elvan

My number one  reason is to BREATHE and I have been smoke free for 473 days.

About the Author
63 years old. 20 year smoker. 11 Years FREE! Diagnosed with COPD. Choosing a Quality LIFE! It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. -Galatians 5:1