cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Visualize!!

liz19
0 2 23

Okie dokie folks. I'm in my 38th almost 39th hour of my quit, and I am feeling good. I still have strong cravings, but I know that I can occupy and distract myself until they pass. I found that visualizing a large rock wall is helping me. Everything that Evil Munchkin in my head starts demanding I go smoke, I see a large rock wall or steel bars blocking him back. I am determined. I can do it. I AM doing it. This is hard, but not impossible. Lord help me remember what I am going through years down the road. I never will ever do this again. I never want to go through this again. All I think about still is smoking, but today, I'm more confident in my quit because I KNOW I can do it. Here's hoping I will keep that attitude for the rest of my life.

2 Comments
jessica17
I know what you mean! I am using a visualization of maggots crawling out of lit cig right before I get it to my mouth. Effective for me. I am on hour 14. I know I will make it, because this is so important. I am craving right now! But writing helps. I think a nap will help too. Let's hang in there together!
tabk
You can do this! You have made it into day two, which is a big accomplishment! Keep it up. You are stronger than the addiction and that will weaken the thought in time. Great job!