cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Veritable quandary

ash2lar
0 5 89

Going through some major challenges right now, not just with myself, but my spouse.

We live in NC currently, moved 9/2018 after living in CO for almost 40 yrs. Big change. Thought we'd love it, bought a boat. Beautiful area, close to 2 beaches! My spouse has transverse myelitis so his left side doesn't work well, gives out after too much activity- that's why we bought the boat. 

It hasn't worked out the way we hoped. The boat got damaged 3 times (in a marina!) you cannot 'beach' your boat and the other boaters don't seem to know 'the rules of the road.' We both developed spring allergies pretty severely and found ourselves planning to move back to CO.

Then COVID hit.

We've been lucky as our area has not been hit badly, but it is a tourist area May- September, so we didn't go anywhere, do anything. not socializing. So now, I'm dealing with a numb R leg and torn cartilage in my R hip, my husband has the compromised L side and ALSO had torn cartilage in his R hip. I get my hip & leg checked out, doc tells me he won't do back surgery till I get my hip fixed, and my ortho doc wants to do a total hip. But my spouse is in no shape to help me rehab at home, he needs his hip done first. So we stuck here for the time being.

So on top of that, I was doing occasional puffs on hubby's cigar while drinking my wine. Had to stop that. Hubby was told by me that he needs to quit smoking otherwise they won't do the surgery. So I think it's s pipe dream personally if he thinks we'll be able to live in CO again- I don't think he'll be able to breathe. I'm sure he has undiagnosed COPD.

Just trying to stay positive and face reality for both of us.

Tags (1)
5 Comments
MarilynH

I'm so sorry for everything you and your husband are going through I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers! 

I really hope you stay strong in your quit because Relapsing isn't the answer I'm so glad that you reached out to us we're all here to help you in any way we can gentle hug coming your way......

Christine13

Oh my gosh, I'm hoping everything will work out for you and your hubby.

ash2lar

Thank you both for the kind thoughts! It's hard to feel safe socializing here since so many folks are 'anti maskers' and I have no family here so I'm glad I have someplace to get support and be able to vent my frustrations. Trying to meditate more and stay positive.

Mandolinrain

Lifting you and yours in prayer this evening. Hugs your way

Barbscloud

Take care and stay close.

Barb