cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Ups and Downs

Starlite
0 7 13

Hi All, it's a bit of a hard day today which I find kind of strange. One day I am fine and don't even think about sicarettes, then there are those days when it is all I think about, and today in which it feels like my body needs it and is craving it - ugh, such ups and downs. Taking deep breaths  - maybe I need to drink more water...? Day 70 - does it really get easier/better? Some days feel like it and then..."sigh" 😞

7 Comments
TerrieQuit

Yes! It does get better! It's like a roller coaster ride for awhile! You are doing a great job with your quit! Hang in there! Congratulations on 70 days! I Think it really started getting better for me around 90 days, give or take?!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

YoungAtHeart

Perhaps you should try to rejoice that there ARE good days now?!?!  They will become more numerous - and the lousy ones less often as you continue on.

Hang in there  - it is worth it at the end of the journey, I promise!

Nancy

dpop
Well thanks for the warning that I have another minute to go...ha ha! Congratulations on seventy days! I think I will also take that advice of rejoicing in the good days 😉
bonnie-12-28-14

It really does get better and better after you get further along.  You will start to have days that you completely forget about it.  Scream if you have to "I don't do that anymore" and the one that really got me through it is "never ever forget".  Can you imagine starting day one again.  

Stay strong and accepting and come to this site often.  

Crunkgrinder

The hard days will continue to get fewer and farther between, and the benefits don't stop. I touched on this in my latest blog post, I encourage you to read it. 

You are MAKING IT! Seventy days! You are doing awesome, you are free!

xoxo
-Taylor, Day 999

JonesCarpeDiem

take my 130 day challenge

JACKIE1-25-15

Hang in there, it does get better.  We can give you suggestions of what to do when a crave hits but it makes it easier when you can incorporate what really works for you.  Sometimes you have to think outside of the box to make your brain think that it is not time for a cigarette.   If there was something you did and never smoked those types of things fool the addictive brain.  Hooefully you understand what I am saying.