cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Update Youngatheart Thursday Update

JonesCarpeDiem
0 23 74

I emailed her daughter a few hours ago and she sent a response.

Nancy is having a tough go of it.

She was able to sit in a chair for a short time this morning.

That's all she could tell me.

please keep the prayer coming for her

23 Comments
Jaxson1-16-14

Prayers are continuing for our Nancy!! Thank you for the update Dale.

tambolina

Prayers for her. I hate to see someone struggle

GreenThumb3

Will do 

moody_9-18-13

I think of her many times each day and send a prayer her way.  

Thanks Dale for caring and sharing. 

Strudel

Thanks Dale! Prayers continue for dear Nancy! 

elvan

I cannot stop thinking of her, I so hope that she turns around very soon.  Prayers are constant.

Barbara145

I have been a nurse for 37 years.  Her being up in a chair no matter how uncomfortable she is encourages me about her condition.  I suspect she will get better everyday.  She remains in my prayers also.

JonesCarpeDiem

I miss laughing with her. She probably won't be able to belly laugh for awhile.

nanawendy

Sending love and healing prayers to our Nancy

pir8fan

Prayers continues to flow upward for our Sister in Freedom!

annb
So sad to hear its so rough for dear Nancy. Prayers that tomorrow will be much better. Get well soon Nancy!!
Magstoyou

Will keep praying!!!

Prayers for more strength tomorro!!

Mag

Giulia

I'm there.

cheyenne7

Just jumped on the site....to see if there was a Nancy update....Thanks Dale for these updates!!

Very encouraging that she was out of bed -- sitting in a chair...

G, are you at the hospital? 

Poor Nancy, positive thoughts are being sent for quick healing and for her to be free of pain...

tinkerbell23
Sending prayers to nancy hope she feels better soon !
Brenda_M

Thanks for the update...poor Nancy! She's lucky to be such a strong, fit lady; I'm sure it helps. Keeping her close in my thoughts.

Michwoman

Praying for Nancy. I think about her every day and pray she comes through all this soon.

johio

keeping her in my prayers

JRC

Nancy is im my thoughts and will continue to pray for her recovery. Thank you jonescarp for the updates. Very much appreciated.

freeneasy

Thoughts and prayers still flowing.

Stac2

Prayers going up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you for keeping us posted Dale.  Hugs.

jeanne-8-4-13

I will continue praying, wish there was somwthing more I could do. Thank you Dale for keeping us updated. Much love sent your way

marilyn_marmac

My prayers continue.

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.