cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Unexpected triggers!

smelltheshampoo
0 5 64

Well I'm on day 9 and doing well.  Been keeping busy.  Started taking my dog for walks.  2 year old beagle.  She loves it and its pumping some oxygen into my lungs.  I'm feeling well.  I've gotten compliments on my complexion and have been told I look 5years younger 🙂  Its amazing how beeter I feel and look as toxins disappear!!!!!

Anyhow, this morning while coming home from dropping kids at school I saw this black guy leaving the gas station.  He was walking on the sidewalk with a hot steamy creamy cup of coffee.  He was smoking while walking.  I was fixated on him. (YES I WAS STOPPED AT A RED LIGHT!!!!)  It was like a movie LOL  I watched in slow motion as the cigarette touched his lips.  So cold and snowy outside (Chicagoland)  The warmth of the burning tobacco.  The smoke swirling down his throat.  The hot steamy coffee completing the bouqet of the sensation.

DAMN!! I HAVEN'T HAD COFFEE IN 9 DAYS!!!!!

It looked wonderful.

I shook my head back into reality, and continued driving home.

Coffee and cigarettes were my breakfast................................

5 Comments
kane1126
Yes, that guy wasn't enjoying smoking.... he was enjoying not going into withdrawl from nicotine addiction. Remember the reality and you'll be ok! Great job!
kris12003

I automatically associate coffee and cigarettes together so when I get up in the morning and have my 1st coffee I hold off on the cigarette  until at least my 2nd coffee. I am holding back as long as I can in the morning and as the day goes on I find myself wanting to smoke.  I then put myself to doing something else instead and that takes my mind off the urge to light up. I hope to be an EX by March 31...hopefully!!  Good luck to everyone trying...

glenda3

Loved your "story" and the reality of it!!  Keep up the good work !!  I am in my 5th sucessful day and doing fine. 

lucky5

feb 9th was my quit day Im doing ok ,but Im not liking,coffee after years of cig and coffee for my  bk ,my mind and body is so diff. its for the better/

shytowngrrrl

I'm giving up the nicotine but can't part with the coffee!  Maybe one of these days!

You're funny...thanks for sharing...you make me miss sweet home Chicago : )

Congrats on Day 9....Stay strong...NOPE : )