cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Unbelievable!! I never realized...

blueinchains
0 9 20

First Happy Valentine's Day!!!  Love you guys!!

So yesterday was the first day in a long long time that I went out of the house to run some errands, and woudn't you know it, every car that past, no joke, someone was inside smoking!  I stop at one place and there was someone parked behind me waiting on someone else and THEY were smoking.  Went to the gas station just after that and , no lie, THREE women were on the side of the building taking a smoke break!  I did what I had to do and got back to the safety of my home most ricky tick!!!  It would've been so easy to grab a pack at the gas station but with how fantastic I feel right now I banished that thought rather quickly. lol

I never even noticed these smokers all around me, not until now.  I feel so clear-headed right now that I am in the process of re-inventing myself!  My husband has agreed to support me and to prove it, he is planning to buy me my first guitar this weekend, something I've wanted to learn since I was in junior high school!  I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!  With what he is spending on this there's no way i can slip up now!!! lol  And now that he sees how happy I am, he has started talking about quitting!!!

I soooo couldn't have done this without you guys!!!  Thank you to everyone!  Thank you thank you thank you! I know there will still be some rough days but I am taking every bit of happiness and cherishing it when I can!

9 Comments
YoungAtHeart

I hope you also noticed how happy and content those smokers looked - NOT!  Didn't they look like addicts getting their fixes? Inhaling that poison as deep as they could to "store" it for the dry spell that was coming?  We need to view them with pity, for they are not free like we are.  

Isn't it NICE to be free?

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

alysonoholic

I bought myself a guitar for my first quit but I have to admit that learning how to play was about as successful as that quit. Still, she's gorgeous and I love her anyway ( I call her Madeline!) What an exciting addition to your hobbies, blue.

It's great to hear that your hubs is starting to come around as well. Hopefully your strength and committment will rub off on him. 🙂

blueinchains

You are so right!  Yes indeed it is so liberating! 

It's funny too because one of the ladies that was smoking was getting ready to go inside and a guy came out and he said, "had to get me a pack of cigarettes.  I need to quit, but..."

And the lady was like, "yeah don't we all"

The thing that made this incident stick in my mind is how miserable they sounded.  Like it was hopeless for them to quit.  You could just hear it in their voices, and I was thinking, did I sound like that just a few short weeks ago?  Damn...really wakes you up.

Ex_Nancy

We have a saying here:  "I'd rather be an ex-smoker with an occasional thought to smoke, rather than a smoker that thinks about smoking ALL the time" It's so sad that they are still in denial BUT you can see that they want to get rid of it all, and that's the difference in resolve: they WANT to, but have not CHOSEN to quit yet.

I'm thinkin' we got a new guitar-picker named Blue! YAY!!!

Jim133

So when can we expect to see a video of Blue pickin' and singin'?

Icandothis8

YEAH YEAH 🙂  Congrats!

cloud51

when i smoked felt like i was the only one who still did, and everytime i'd buy a pack would say got to quit, i think that why easy to stay quit i remember i don't want to smoke,  have fun with the guitar, nice reward! nice husband!

jojo_2-24-11

Great Job, blue! Can't wait to hear your first tune.

blueinchains

Lol, well I have a long way to go with this guitar thing.  I was talking to a guy about them and he was spewing out all this guitar jargon and I thought, "i just realized how much I DON'T know about guitars!" lol

But I'm so excited.  I think I'm gonna name my first solo single " Smokin' Blue".  But it will be the good kind of smokin', not the bad, lol!

Thanks everyone!