cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

UGH SO DISGUSTING

phyllis-12-7-15
0 19 20

I thought after going without for over 6 months I would never have one......

I was entertaining friends and family and everyone was having a good time, laughing, talking and relaxing. I don't know why I was stressing. I had put the dogs outside to lessen the chaos. There was plenty of food. Why couldn't I relax and enjoy myself? Decided to check on the dogs and find a little quiet for a minute. As I headed to the door I spotted an open pack and lighter on the counter. It belonged to my non-smoking brother, I knew he would never miss one so I snatched it and headed out.

I was just about to light up when another family arrived so I quickly tucked it away. Thinking they unknowingly just saved my quit. Back inside I find smoke boiling out of the oven. I opened windows and doors and passed out dish towels for fanning it out and found I had lit up without thinking and smoked half of it.

My last thought before waking up was......What will Dale say???

YEP I finally had my first and hopefully my last smokemare.

SOOOO glad it was just a dream.

HUGS

19 Comments
linda258

Ha, Ha... happy it was a dream.. you had me going. 

marilyn_marmac

I'm feeling a little Alice Cooper coming on!  Welcome to my nightmare!!!

I can't tell you how happy I am that it was just that...a nightmare of a smokemare.

Magstoyou

Whew!!! You scared me!!!

What woukd Dale saw????

I'M so glad it was a dream too!!!

Mag202d

jonnyfry

Dang...you had me going for a second.  I was going to say someting about your term.

"going without" but I'll skip it now.

LOL

capitalDistrict

that's a scary dream.  glad it was just that!

YoungAtHeart

The fact that the cigarettes you found were your "non-smoking brother's" gave me my FIRST clue!  WHEW - but you had me going up until then!

Isn't it amazing that you now view that dream relapse as "disgusting"?  Wonderful, huh?

Nancy

klv

You had me going there for awhile. Smokemares are not fun at all. 

Isn't it interesting that Dale popped into your head even before waking up.

He has had quite an influence on many of us, me included 

I'm soooo glad you are still an EX!

moody_9-18-13

Phyllis, I was having lunch and I nearly choked, tears welled up in my eyes and my heart just sank. Then, I realized you were describing your smokemare!  You can't do that to us again!

Thomas3.20.2010

I'm so glad you're AWAKE! 

Awareness keeps us safe! Complacency kills a Quit!

It was actually a Blessing, Phyllis!

JonesCarpeDiem

you can click on Hoggie the cat to find out. LOL

phyllis-12-7-15

Sorry for the scare folks, guess you got an idea of how I felt huh? LOL

Hoggie is soooo right Dale, I hope I never dream of smoking again. LOL

LouiseR

So glad it was just a dream!

smorgy8513

Don't you ever do that to us again!  LOL    I believed it for a hot sec and already started to compose my thoughts to you and then I heard you on the nightmare!      Is that really the first you've had?     I've had a few, they are scary.     I'm glad you are still paving the way for me following behind you!

Still love ya!

Sharon

Mike.n.Atlanta

You scared me lady. But we love doing that don't we.

KOKO,

M n @

OldBones-Larry

Please don't do that to me again. I could feel pains coming until I saw the end of your post. Glad it was just a dream.

All kinds of love and hugs.

Larry

joyeuxencore

You are a scamp Phyllis!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so worried!!! Love you! xo

froguelady

Those smokemares are horrible.  I still have one once in awhile and I am always so happy when I wake up that it was a dream.

BTW, you scared me also and I was ready to cry.

lpears

PHYLLIS!!!! I went from devistated to on the floor laughing in a matter of minutes. You totally pulled one over on me! I needed it. It keeps me on my toes! I'm so happy is was just a smokemare! 

SmokedOut041412

Thank God it was only a smokemare!

While awake---We must never let our guard down.