Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Two months = 62 Days

Angelsyaya
3 10 156

Today I'm celebrating 

I quit smoking on 12/16/21

I've saved $620 dollars, although I'm not sure what I've spend it on.  🙂  Maybe Starbursts and sugar free candy.  

I'm not coughing anymore, or very limited anyway and the cough I have now is very different than the one I had 62 days ago.  

I'm still short of breath when I do anything strenuous, I'm praying that this gets better.  I'm praying that I didn't do so much damage to my lungs, that there's no coming back from this.   

I heard about a procedure called, Zephyr Valve Placement - Where they can go in and open up your bronchial tubes, which helps you breath even better.   There is criteria for this however, you have to have been smoke free for 4 months and the doctor has to accept you as a candidate.   I need to discuss this further with my pulmonary doc and see if she can hook me up with someone.   It requires a 3 days hospital stay as well, for observation.

I'm also supposed to have a lung scan in March.  I haven't had one in a few years, so praying that shows nothing more severe than the Stage 4 COPD.   

Sickarettes are no longer a part of my life.   All they did was make me sick!!!

Thank you God and all of you here who hold us up, when we can't do it alone.

Stacy

62 DOF, NOPE, 

10 Comments
About the Author
i Started smoking when I was 12. My parents were young and divorced. I would stay with my Dad in California for a month every summer. He caught me smoking and instead of punishment, he bought me a carton of cigarettes and said, if you're going to smoke, you're going to do it in front of me. He then proceeded to call my Mom and tell her. Needless to say, not to be outdone by Dad, I arrived home to a carton of cigarettes waiting for me in the car. Fast forward all of these years later and they are the two that harp on me the most about quitting. IRONIC don'tcha think. LOL 59, this is probably my 20th quit, but this one has to stick. Stage 4 COPD, 30% lung function and 229% air trappings. Been smoking since I was 12. Doctor said, QUIT NOW, or you'll be dead in 10 years. BIG MOTIVATOR. DO NOT FORGET THIS.