cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Two days free,but feeling the urge.

philly33
0 12 38

I feel a urge to buy some cigarettes. I feel like I can't do this and I want to.I feel like it's not going to last long but I want it to.

12 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

please click on my cat and read my page.

people talk themselves into smoking.

JonesCarpeDiem

when you get the urge to smoke, say

"I don't do that anymore" out loud.

you will be amazed what saying this will do to help retrain your thinking

SarahP

Hi philly -- go three blogs up and read the one I just posted about "Fixating" on a cigarette. It may help! 

philly33

Okay Thankyou 

Giulia

Do some reading in Relapse Traps.  Specifically Replay the Relapse.

Think about why you came here.  You came here to quit smoking.  You HAVE.  Don't give in to the urge.  It will pass.  It will return.  It will pass.  It gets easier.  Hang in.

PennyLynn7407

Do you really want to start over again? Trust me, it's not worth it! You CAN do this!!!

YoungAtHeart

Don't let that smoking urge sit around in your head all alone - get BUSY!  Sing out loud, or go for a walk, or march in place, or clean out a drawer or do a crossword or play a computer game, or take slow/deep breaths going slower and deeper with each.  The craving will pass in about three minutes whether you smoke or not.

This quitting takes a bit of effort in the early days - but it is SO worth it - I promise!

Nancy

philly33

Okay Thankyou all

Starlite

You can do it Philly, hang in there. one moment at a time. read up on info. here, listen to the long term quitters and re-read, it's a roller coaster ride, but so worth it and possible. Much aloha from Hawaii. Yay for you.

Daniela2016

Really, go and do the reading recommended to you, it makes a world of difference. 

I will be forever thankful to UHC Help line who recommended this website. 

Without the knowledge provided here I would still be puffing my e-cig if not back to smoking real tobacco!

But we said NO to it, and we can stick with it, we have all the support one needs, right here, right when needed.

Thank you to the "elders" who are giving their time and wisdom to us newbies!

Stay with your decision, and be proud of yourself for making it!

Daniela

TerrieQuit

Hi, Philly! Keep busy and keep reading! Quitting is not impossible or none of us would be here! You too can do this! The freedom you get is so worth it! Stay Strong! and keep your 2 days working on 3! Have a great night!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

philly33

Thankyou have a goodnight