cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tuesday

TerrieQuit
0 14 28

Hi all! Tomorrow I will have 3 months! I am amazed and soon TDC! This is so exciting! I am trying to keep my guard up and relax just a little! That's hard to do at the same time. I have pretty much been back to my active self! Still don't feel good sometimes. I am not sure but I think the oxygen gives me a headache, sometimes! Tomorrow, I go back to my pulmo., and I do have some questions for him!! My dogs are sure happy to gets their walks in all the time again! I'll keep you all posted about that appt.

Hang on to those precious quits everyone! and have a good evening!!

Terrie  91  DOF

14 Comments
Deena-A-Yenni

Congrats on surviving NML!!!  Nothing but improved life from here on out!!!

MarilynH

Congratulations on 3 precious smoke free months and counting WTG Terrie. Let us know how you make out with your pulmonary doctor tommorrow and I will send good thoughts up for you my friend. 

Marilyn 

froguelady

Congrats on 3 months free, AWESOME.

kristen-9-7-15

Yay Terrie! What does TDC mean?

HealthyOrange

Congratulations, Terrie!  Three months is huge!  I am so very proud of you!  I'm anxious to see what the Pulmanary doctor has to say.  I'll be thinking of you!  xoxo Jamie

YoungAtHeart

You sound SO much better!  I hope you are feeling better each day, too.  I will keep my fingers (and toes) crossed that you can come off the 24/7 oxygen.  I know that must be a pain to lug around.

Congratulations on THREE months!  Good for you!

Nancy

Puff-TM-Draggin

Way to go, Terri!  You are so STRONG and AWESOME that I'm surprised the big man upstairs hasn't given you an even heavier load just to show off how strong He made you! I hope your rewards are commensurately GREAT!

JonesCarpeDiem

Good Job On Three Minths!

JonesCarpeDiem

Months!

elvan

You are really rocking this quit, Terrie.  I hope that when you go to the pulmo that you get some answers.  

bonniebee

Awesome Lady ! congrats on 3 months and TDC !!!!!! that is so exciting !

Keep on rockin' girl !

PS..... glad your pups are happy what kind of dogs are they ?

Barbara145

So glad you are feeling better.  I truly think walking 30 minutes a day has done more for me than anything else.  You are a trooper.  Congratulations on 90 days.

Giulia

Oh boy oh boy, a lovely milestone tomorrow.  When guarding comes naturally and instinctively you relax more and more.  Hope you get all your questions answered by your doc.  You hang tough!  

Zendlewise

Three months!!!!!  Wow!  Right behind ya, Terri!

About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)