cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tuesday's Freedom Train ~ Jec celebrates 50 today!!!

ShawnP
0 11 17

Good morning fellow EXer's! The Freedom Train is on the tracks, and prepared to make it's daily run to Freedom from smoking! Everyone is invited to come aboard to celebrate their own personal Freedom, and that of their friends!!

If you are new here, this vehicle provides an area for everyone to gather and celebrate the milestones, and successes of those in our community! There are no tickets! The fuel for this locomotive is love and caring! The rides on this Train are paid for in contributions to the quits of others! The only thing required to ride this Train is a desire to breathe Free! We encourage everyone to join in the celebration! No matter where you are in your quit, today is special, and is cause for celebration! Celebrate with others, and they will celebrate with you! There are no baggage fees! Bring all your "EXtra baggage"! We will help you sort it out!

From time to time we do have questions about counting days. While we encourage everyone to celebrate everyday of their Freedom, here at the Freedom Train we count the days you have completed! For EXample I quit on 01/01/2010. On 12/31/2010 I had reached 365 days. However, I had not completed a year until 01/01/2011! Please feel free to address any questions or suggestions to me at any time! https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/pir8fan (Pir8fan)Tommy

Now, we encourage you to come aboard today! Shout out your personal milestones, and those of your friends! Show your pride in your quit! Days, 200 Days or 2000 Days! More, if you have them! Let us hear from you, and let us all celebrate our FREEDOM!! Post food and music! IT IS PARTY TIME!!!

This Train is bound for FREEDOM from the Evils tobacco and smoking!!

"IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOARD!!!!!!!!! -Shawn

Tags (1)
11 Comments
ShawnP

Good morning to all!!

What a beautiful day! We sure had some nice weather over the weekend. I took advantage of it and went to Amish country.

I am boarding this morning with 1,494 days!!!

ShawnP

Jec, 

ShawnP

You know there is one thing, since i have joined this site, i eat breakfast now. Breakfast and lunch was always meals that i skipped. I always used to have my coffee and cigarette, never thinking i had to eat and how i was depriving my body of nourishment. I was always destroying it with all those chemicals that are in cigarettes. So now it's my job to make you hungry this morning. LOL

Biscotti goes great with coffee now!!! although i have that once in a blue moon.

ShawnP

TerrieQuit

Good Morning Shawn, Thanks for conducting the train! Good morning all!

Congratulations Jec for 50 DOF! Congratulations to all of us!

I am Terrie and I am riding with 288 DOF!

Have a great day!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

nanawendy

Good Morning Shawn, I am rididng today with 1205 smoke free days.  Thanks for coming down south to pick me up.  Lets have some biscuits and gravy and celebrate

Wendy

12/31/12

Magstoyou

Thanks for picking me up today Shawn

Food looks great

Congratulations to Jec with 50 Days-That is a huge milestone. And congratulations to all riding today!!

Mag with 1008 Days of Freedom

Strudel

Thanks Shawn! Congrats to all! 

Sooz3

Hoot hooooot, the sun is shining and I'm hopping aboard with 78 days!! Have a great day folks!

MarilynH

Yikes, it's almost 7 pm and I'm just getting here but Better late than never, congrats to everyone that came aboard, a special congratulations to Jec on your 50 precious smoke free days and counting WTG, I am here with 645 and continuing on as well. 

Cindiboo

Well it's not midnight yet!! Jumping on the last stop I'm sure!! I will get better at this, although running after a moving train Does promote needed exercise!!

just became day 17 of being FREE!! 

I will not ever quit my quit!!  And promise to figure out how to navigate this website better before 30 days!!

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later