cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tuesday Morning..

brian-chambers
0 6 87

1st Tuesday (Sorry I mean Wednesday :-)..) smoke free since I was 12 or 13 can't remember now... lol. I am used to having 3 cigarettes by 9am (This is the time in which it takes me to drink my 20oz coffee which as we all know goes hand in hand) I could not cut out coffee too as no smoking and no coffee would prob. make me go insane. I started noticing yesterday all the people I smoke with @ work that I never thought smelled like smoke but they do, which makes me realize that I must have smelled horrible to nonsmokers even with gum and cologne. Writing this post is really helping right now as the urge is starting to go away.  Hope everyone has a great day thanks for the support. 🙂

6 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010
I really wish it were Tuesday, Brian, because that's my day off! Unfortunately for me, it's Wed. That's good news for you because you're closer to Friday than you think!!!! Enjoy a terrific Smoke FREE day!!!
lisa11209

Hi Brian, When I quit I kept my coffee too!  Just remember that you metabalize caffeine different as a non smoker, so may want to cut your coffee in 1/2 to start with. (Assuming you are not using a NRT, if you are using NRT, then never mind and enjoy the full 20oz).

Best wishes for a great smoke free day, whatever day it is!

cyn9

I never went any where with out my coffee.  I even had a sticker on my Jeep that said 'Give me coffee, and no body gets hurt!' Now I only drink 3-4 cups a day. You will notice smelling smokers half a block away. LOL! Have a great day!

BobbyMaynard

The urge to smoke passes in a few minutes weather we smoke or not. Yes, you did stink, stank, stunk! Now I am sure you smell wonderful.  You are doing great, keep doing.

onelasttime

Yep we all stunk as smokers I have two years in smoke free and they still stink unfortunatally the sense of smelling smokers sticks around LOL I was a all day coffee drinker now about a cup and sometime two in the morning. As you go further into your quit your life will chnge a lot all for the better have a great smoke free day..

monroekidjero

I was serious Brian! Just keep coming here as many times as you can during the day and read a blog or 2. Thats all it has taken for me to be reminded of what Im doing and why. You're doing great!