cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Trying to keep the faith

kaycl1769
0 4 12

Every morning a wake up and the first thing I use to do is have a cigarette. But since I quit, I been grabbing for a book instead, reading books has help me keep my mind away from thinking of how bad I want a cigarette. Thinking back for the last couple of years, my smoking had gotten worse and I had to ask and beg my daughter to get them for me. My health is not good, so I don't get out much, crohn's disease has is very hard to live with and I had it since 1994., I have read that nicotine can relax the digestive system, I never thought of what it was doing to the rest of my body. I also feel so bad that I had my 19 yr. old then, to get them for me, knowing how much she hates them I feel completely bad for making her to do something she doesn't agree with, and though how many times I tell her I am sorry for it, she just says how proud of me for quiting that was enough for her. With out my daughter (Brittany) and my mom (Louise) I don't think I could be at day 12. And I do have to say that reading has been helping me relax more and the week before I set 31 of May to quit, I bought some books from ebay to see if reading would work, and so it has some along with my support group.Thanks for listening, I can't think clearly at times since I quit smoking, which I hope in time clears my thoughts. But writing it out helps me to really understand were I was and were I am. If that makes any sense. I JUST TRY TO KEEP MY FAITH!!! If you know any good books let me know.      Thanks Kay

4 Comments