cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Trying to get used to new format

JRC
1 5 165

There is a blog posted, " day 217 please help", that was written Oct. 31, 2013. All replies were from 2013. Was thinking of a reply when I noticed that.

Not sure if anymore blogs are old, although there was good information in the replies!

5 Comments
crazymama_Lori

they need to place the dates on the related content below, even a year reference would help.  I've found that it's easier to go to the home page and under the a very warm welcome blog or the section of featured blogs is the hyperlink to the view all blogs.  Play around a little with the sorting filter, date first created, and so on.  There are blogs, discussions, documents.  What I've found is blogs are your personal thing, but viewed by everyone.  Discussions are topics you wish to discuss, looking for advice about something, documents are files you wish to add to, revamp for informational purposes.  At least that's my take.  Now, the questions section is a catchall on the site questions and questions about smoking.  Hopefully I've got this all right, Mark

Be sure to go to your avatar and check preferences if you find you're getting slammed with all sorts of e-mails.  You can revamp the settings to once a week or however you wish to receive them.  that little red bell which is basically notifications to zero those out on a daily basis, all you have to do is click on it and click on mark all read and it resets to zero.  The only thing that I find confusing is the inbox serves the purpose as an inbox for personal messages and also as notifications.  I'm attempting to differentiate between the two..... help with this maybe, Mark

give a shout out if you have any other confusion.  We've got quite a few members trying to figure this all out for everyone

elvan

I noticed the same issue and it's really confusing.  I suspect it is being addressed.

TerrieQuit

Hello, JRC! It's good to see you! I saw that blog and before I realized how old it was I commented on it. I believe it was Giulia‌ (not her exact words) that explained to me that the new platform would have been empty and boring at first with only our new stuff! It will take the time to adjust, I just check the date now before I comment! It is what it is! lol!   ~Terrie~

Giulia

Actually what I said was that when they first migrated the platform they needed to populate it with activity so that it didn't look totally barren.  Since "conversations" was a new heading, for example, it would look like a pretty dull room if nobody was conversing in it.  Now that we're all chattering away every day, the place has a natural flow to it.  Or it WILL be natural once we get more of a hang of it.  

Strudel

Great to see you!