cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Trick or treat

MarilynH
0 5 69

Tommorow is November but today is Halloween, I'm looking forward to seeing the little goblins especially my grandsons. I believe I am just as committed today  on my 110 th day of my quit as I was on my 1st day maybe even more so I in no way ever want to get too comfortable , complacent or cocky thinking I won't slip because I know it could happen so easily. I am like anybody else I have family members and friends that smoke, they know that I have quit and are happy for me but life gets in the way and I do not want to use stress or my sister having breast cancer as an excuse to smoke. There is no excuse for me to slip and smoke so I will continue to be vigilant with my quit as long as I live and enjoy my life smoke free enjoy this Halloween everyone. 

5 Comments
cory-3-10-13

Hey Marilyn! I hope you have a wonderful Halloween...just keep making that choice to stay free, one day at a time. Life sure can be tough, but I think choosing to smoke makes it tougher...I'm so happy you are going to keep being vigilant because we can talk ourselves out of smoking just the same as we can talk ourselves into it! I hope you are celebrating your freedom! As a side note, your dog is adorable! Looks like a cuddler!♥

YoungAtHeart

You are wise to be vigilant with your quit - it IS a matter of life and breath.  Congratulations, btw!

I'll take the treat - and please make mine CHOCOLATE!

Nancy

Junior7

Congrats on 110 days!  Enjoy your Halloween! 

dar7

Hi Marilyn I'm so sorry to hear of your sisters illness I pray she recovers and keeping strong is the best thing you can do I am planning a quit nov 2 and may need to chat with you for support may try the lozenge what method did you use to quit thanks for your help Darlene

jacks1125

congrat 110 days wonderful days of smoke -freedom!!

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....