cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tribute to a friend I have never met.

dawn37
0 6 6

I have not had a cigarette for over 5 months now. I have thought about it when things get emotional.  When I get angry…that is my first thought….I am gonna go smoke, then I remember I don’t smoke anymore.  I did smoke for 30+ years though. I am very lucky I can still breathe without any difficulty.  Some of you don’t have that luxury of being able to breathe freely even though you quit a while ago.  I am lucky I didn’t smoke 2 or 3 packs a day for 30 + years.  I am lucky I can not only walk up the stairs I am lucky I can work out, go hiking, work in the yard and go get the mail.  I AM LUCKY…and I want all of you with COPD to know I am sorry for your difficulties…I am sorry you cannot do the things you used to be able to. 

BUT, I am also thankful to you for sharing your stories and helping to keep me strong.  The more you tell me/us makes me stronger & stronger.  At those moments when I truly might slip up, I go through the metal exercises that help keep me strong and one of those exercises is thinking of this site and the people here and their stories. 

You my friends help keep me healthy. 

Patrick…thank you so much for sharing your story.  Stay Strong everyone.

6 Comments