cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tough

tstauffer2
0 11 15

My mom's funeral was this morning and I couldn't be there. My little brother handled everything. I'm usually the one who steps in to help, but couldn't this time. I'm so proud of him. He has done such a great job. Even though I couldn't be there, I talked to my brothers and got pictures. 

I have a job interview in a few hours. I've been so emotional this morning and am now worried I'm going to look puffy when I go in for the interview. I've had four cigarettes in the past few hours. I just can't think about quitting today. I'm set to quit on the 15th. I wanted to slow down before my quit date. Tomorrow will be a better day. I' going to get this interview out of the way and then I can put quitting smoking back at the top of my list. 

I'm impressed by the support that has been shown from members here. I know that I've made the right decision in joining this community and now have hope that I can put the cigarettes away for the last time. 

Thank you for all the love. 

11 Comments
annb
Oh Bless you. My sincerest condolences on your loss. Losing our Mother's is well, it's just unreal. :-(. Don't know how you are facing an interview. You are very strong and you will succeed at quitting smoking with that strength!!!
Polynha

I am so sorry for your loss! I  hope to see you around soon!

stonecipher

God bless you.

luxie

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother.Let us know if you need help to prepare for your quit date. Good Luck on your Interview today as well.

Marion

GreenThumb3

Really sorry for your loss hang in there 

trudyd

I am so very sorry about your mom's passing

maraisa

I am so sorry for your loss. We are here for any support you need. 

Magstoyou

So sorry for your loss!!! Welcome to the site!!

Best Wishes for a great quit!!!

Mag290d

cheyenne7

My thoughts remain with you.....

freeneasy

Thoughts and prayers.and congrats on your decision to quit. It is probably the best thing you can do for yourself. 

moody_9-18-13

I am very sorry that you could not be there for your mother's funeral. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you. I hope your interview went well and that you can prepare for your eventual quit coming up in a couple of weeks.