cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tough day today...I almost broke down and stopped at store.

jewlz23
4 25 244

Well the chemo day 3 is catching up to me. Not in the way that it makes me feel awful. Just that I have gained 10+ pounds in just a few short days. They are chalking it up to new heart stent in LAD and slow to act kidneys. I am brand new to the stent. I got it on June 20th. So with the sluggishness of the 10lbs of fluid, I'm a bit short of breath, my cough is tight and my legs are like dumplings. Sherri-dumplings. (lol)....I have to laugh or I will go crazy. 

So we had bad storms today...really bad. Power was out for a while, thankfully no one got hurt in my area, but tons and tons of trees uprooted. Mike (my son) and I headed from the hospital right at the beginning of it. We were told to hurry home. We didn't get to the end of the hospital road before we had to turn back. Rain was going sideways and straight down right by each other. Talk about scared to death! Being scared I found out is another stressor, or trigger for nicotine. Mike has camels and I hate those so that was a no-brainer. We got back to inside the Cancer center and we dwelled in there for a while. All I could think about was having a cigarette even though I am short of breath and it is the most insane thought of the entire day. But I got through it. Talked to some women across from me in the aisle. After about a hour we could all leave again. Then we get home with no power and Ameren has no idea when we will be reconnected so I found a bunch of candles and lit them. Cigarette crisis was averted. None here to smoke. I was not getting back out in the rain. So this one down and done. I prayed too, and that helped. But this one was so close...I could taste it and everything. UGH I hate these little monster cravings coming up from nowhere it seems. Like a little thief in your thoughts.

So anyway, I got some Lasix today to take care of some of the water weight and I haven't checked yet, but I am also not hungry like at all. I have to force myself to eat something which is not like me. I am a hungry girl and when I eat, I eat good. Not the case at all now. 

My arms are bruised all up and down each one, in places I never had an IV stuck. Under my arms are dark purple bruises and my belly is still bruised from one side of the other from the heparin shots. If someone didn't know me, they'd think I was in a fight...lol. Also I found out today I will lose my hair. *big sad face* I do have some handkerchiefs I ordered coming and scarves for the time being. 

Well that was my day. Hopefully I can go to the restroom to find relief from the black dome we have in there...lol. I can't go either way. I'm stuck. Working on that though. Sorry if that was too TMI. I just say it all. Please let me know ya'll if I get too TMI in my journals. 

Love ya all bunches. More appointments tomorrow...two of them. I will try to catch up on things tomorrow!

❤️ Sherri

25 Comments