Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Too Young?

Thomas3.20.2010
1 9 144

This Lady is 24 Years Old!

https://www.thesatellite.com.au/news/young-mums-horror-this-isnt-a-disease-for-the-elde/3169413/

Smoking KILLS young and old! It doesn't care!

9 Comments
elvan

Thanks so much for sharing this, Thomas.  It is really an eye opener.  I feel so sad for her but have great hope that she WILL secure that lung transplant.  I will keep her in my prayers and I will pass this story along to my 31 years old son and my 24 year old grandson.  Not sure they will relate to it but I can always hope.

Ellen

freeneasy

She said she only smoked 4 or 5 cigarettes a day. She didn't say for how long.  Every sickerette is a gamble with your health and life.

YoungAtHeart

I bet Big Tobacco will find something ELSE to blame this on.  So sad.

Chuck-2-20-2011

Our enemy is our friend, or so we think until the enemy comes to get you! What a sad story, showing the realities of what this addiction can do. I think most of us here know that these things don't just happen to everyone else! Thanks for sharing Thomas!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

Crunkgrinder

It is a game of Russian Roulette. I just turned 22 in February. It is NEVER too early to quit. I still have friends and family who started as young as I did who continue to struggle.

-Taylor, day 1404

MePlus3

Omg finally someone as young as (or younger) than me! Yay CONGRATULATIONS on 1404 days! You are now my inspiration I'm on day 7 the longest I went was 170 but I plan on making this one forever!

Crunkgrinder

Stories like these really reaffirm that I made the right decision and continue to do so every day. I quit when I was 18. It's really never too early. You can do it!

-Taylor

MePlus3

I'm 25 and have 3 kids I couldn't possibly live with myself knowing I have a smoking related disease and cutting my life, our life, short over something I could've prevented! Their dad committed a quicker suicide and smoking doesn't make me any better than him I was just doing it slower. I refuse to put them through that I'm all they have left!

jbliesmer

How incredibly sad and scary.

About the Author
63 years old. 20 year smoker. 11 Years FREE! Diagnosed with COPD. Choosing a Quality LIFE! It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. -Galatians 5:1