cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tomorrow

chetnmel09
0 12 125
Tomorrow is my quit date everyone! I feel like I'm ready for this. I've been busy cleaning, and getting rid of everything that has to do with cigarettes. I am looking forward to when I can say I don't smoke anymore. I don't think my husband is going to be joining me in this as of right now, but he is very encouraging, and supportive. Hopefully after he sees me be able to do it, he will follow. I'll keep praying for him. Need to lay down for a bit, but just wanted to stop on here, I'm still here, and still plugging away, I'll be sure to come on tomorrow, right after I put my first patch on!
12 Comments
MarilynH

Good for you, Excellent decision, yes stay close to this site. We are all here for you. 

meWisconsin

You can do this. My wife smokes but is very  supportive of my efforts to quit. Hopefully we can both get our spouses on the Freedom Train someday.

GreenThumb3

It's very doable it's a journey well worth taking ,stay strong gum and snacks helped me get through first week

Michwoman

I quit on February 4 last year and my guy quit on April 4th after he saw me doing it. You will be a good example for your hubby!! Congratulations on your decision to take your life back!

Always keep moving forward!!

Jennifer-Quit

Best wishes to you!  This site and the people here has been my #1 quit aid!  So check in often!

YoungAtHeart

Check in often.  We will be with you every step of the way!

Over the past couple of years, I have seen spouses quit after they see that is IS doable! Give him some time, and be sure to share all the good things about quitting as you notice them. For now, I hope he will smoke out of your sight, and keep his smokes, lighter, etc. also hidden.

See you tomorrow!

Nancy

annb
Congrats on your decision and glad to see you here!
Joan_01-02-2015

Stay close, and know we are all here for you!!  So many good things to look forward to, smells you have missed out on, the taste of food, taking  a deep breath, and waking without coughing.  Looking foward to sharing all of your milestones.....................you can do this!!!!

johio

You have done a great job preparing for your quit...it makes a difference

JonesCarpeDiem

right with yuou.

tell your husband you don't have to want to quit.

you have to decide to quit.

moody_9-18-13

EXcellent! Glad you have joined the EXteam!

chetnmel09
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. It feels good to know that I am not alone. It is currently 11:44 pm.. and for some reason I woke up..I'm thinking it was a mental thing..where I had to have 1 last one.. kinda iritating lol.. but it is what it is. Tomorrow if the first day of my new life.. I'm actually excited!