cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tomorrow's the big day!

sisidawn_quit_12-29-13
0 7 32

Welp, I decided not to push my quit date, just to be very mindful of my smoking (more than ever before). I started my detox methods and my substitutions a couple days ago, and have practiced "seeing" my body healing. I'm nervous and excited. Had a great workout today, but while running, my lungs held me back, and it made me sad but more determined to quit and stay quit. I haven't really told many people, just my husband and my mom, but besides my teen kids, that's my world for the next couple weeks til school starts back up. I'm doing this for me this time. Tomorrow around noon I know I will be cranky, but I'm planning to be at the gym, so I can turn up the headphones and work through it (pun intended)! I will do this! 

7 Comments
joyeuxencore
ladybeth1-10-14

I added you as a friend, I hope you don't mind. You are as capable of doing this as I am and I know I am making this my final quit! 🙂 The gym is a great way to burn off stress and steam!

ShawnP

Drink lots of water especially in the gym and get rest in between.

LouiseR
Welcome to the EXcommunity. Come here often and read all the blogs and share your journey. It takes 72 hours for the nicotene to get out of your system. Drink lots of water and do lots of deep breathing. You can do this!
sisidawn_quit_12-29-13

Thank you all! And LadyBeth, thank you for adding me! I have started the habit of drinking more water to prepare, I am excited! I'm not looking at it as quitting as much as a healthy lifestyle change! Change for the better! 

SRMezler

Welcome. Read as much as you can on smoking. Drink lots of water and walk. Fake it till you make it. I said that over and over. One of the bloger's told me that.  It works.stay close to this web site and you will do it. We are all praying for you. Love Nonna

GreenThumb3

I love drinking lemon honey and cinnamon hot  combo it probably helps detox and is good for you  don't forget rest I think I saw something from joy one time I should of read and its true if you are tired it makes the withdrawals seem worse I was cranky if tired and don't feel bad snacking a lot first few days it's better than smoking for sure