cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tomorrow's the big day

djmurray
0 12 134

Getting ready to get to bed, but wanted to share the feelings i'm having.  Tomorrow is really, truly my last day.  Giulia asked what kind of work I do, and I have been a contracts manager for a government/defense contractor for the last ten years.  That means I work on proposals to the government and to prime contractors, I review documents to make sure the company is protected, I have a warrant up to $50 Million to sign for the company, I have a security clearance, and I manage the contracts or subcontracts once they're awarded.  If issues arise that are of a contractual nature that's my baliwick.

And tomorrow, after 10 years in the field and 7.5 years at this company, I won't have a job.  I am positive, and do have a second interview at another company where I would be doing the same kinds of things, but tonight, just for now, I'm sad and scared.

But one thing I know for sure.  Smoking wouldn't make me any less sad or scared.  Even though I spent over half a century believing that it helped me, I know so much better now.  I'm owning up to my emotions and feelings as they are right now.  I'll get up tomorrow, and go in, and maintain my dignity.  But tonight I am sad and scared.

Love you all.  I'm so grateful for all of you.

12 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You have every right to be sad and scared.  This is new territory for you.

Hold your head up high and BELIEVE as this door closes a window will open.  Better days are coming - I just know it!

Nancy

Thomas3.20.2010

You will be in my thoughts and God will wrap His arms around you!

I would be sad under any circumstances of leaving a job after 7 1/2 Years. Your circumstances will have sadness, will feel scary! 

But you have ALL of your Friends believing in YOU, Donna! You will be alright and most likely you will be better than ever! Sleep in comfort and leave knwoing that they lost a Great employee! 

God Bless!

JACKIE1-25-15

It is okay to be scared, but know that everything is going to be alright.  Goodnight, gert some rest.

TerrieQuit

Sleep well, Donna! God is your back-up! Prayers!

Terrie

bonniebee

Sweet dreams Donna you will be okay I am praying for you too ! You are so intelligent and such a nice and  kind person I feel sure a new door is about to open for you !

Giulia

Tomorrow (today, as you're reading this)  is simply a day to begin the newest and next part of you. Or to end the last part of you.  In actuality it's both.  Bottom line is - at the end of the party - what you take away from it emotionally and how you grow from it (spiritually and psychologically), is the step to the next level of wisdom on the  journey of your life.  

Comfort is in the known.  Growth is in the unknown.  Don’t be afraid, Donna.  Or - BE afraid.  But know that just like with conquering our fear of quitting, we become limitless in our abilities to conquer anything and everything after that.  Because we can use our quit  as a template for the rest of our lives in so many areas where courage is needed

kbarb68

Hang in there!  A whole new opportunity awaits you.  We are all on a special path with lessons to learn and wonderful new people to meet that might change our life.  Sending you many blessings for your new journey.  This chapter may be coming to an end but who knows what the next chapter will bring!  Good luck and stay positive 🙂

MarilynH

((((((((((Gigantic Hugs from me to you)))))))) -- I hope that you slept well and today won't be too hard on you Donna  you are one strong lady and I believe a new and better chapter is going to open up in your life. 

See you soon 

Marilyn 

smorgy8513

I would be scared too.    Also sad, maybe a little mad.....name a feeling and I would probably have it.       Just remember feelings are only feelings......

Proud of you for not smoking and for looking at your future prospects.

Love you!

Sharon

elvan

Thinking of you today and sending you strength, you have every right to be sad, you are saying goodbye and goodbyes can be sad, have a wonderful time at the reunion and have a safe trip.  

Good luck with the next interview and do keep us posted.

Love, Ellen

Brenda_M

I have good feelings about your future, Ms. Donna!

I'm writing you a letter right now. I stopped to check and see if you updated us on your last day. You haven't yet, and I'm hoping it's because Joachin has been cancelled and you and your coworkers are celebrating at a happy hour. Hugs to you!

Strudel

What wise words I see from everyone above. I am sorry I missed this last night.... I sure hope that today went well and that you felt the love from your coworkers as you wrapped things up.mit is their loss for sure! 

You will survive - I just know it! You quit smoking - you can handle anything! 

We love you!