cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tomorrow marks my 180's day of being SICKORETTE and NICODEMON FREEDOM!

pappasmurf
0 13 3

Tomorrow marks my 180 day's of being SICKORETTE and NICODEMON FREEDOM!
I am treating my 11 year old son and myself to a weeks vacation in Florida, leaving tomorrow - so I will not be able to celebrate my 180 day's with you all but I want to thank you (I'll be here at heart) - and everyone on this Board for all your Love and Goodwill to help me (et al) to get to where I am today "A NON SMOKER" without you and everyone of you I probably would have NEVER made it this far.

I love you all - And I am keeping you all close deep in my heart while I am on our well earned R&R...

In parting I want to share parts of the Lyrics (somewhat adjusted/amended to my SICKORETTE/NICODEMON ADDICTION, I for one (maybe/probably very likely 🙂 many others as well - I just don't want to speak for others here) when I hear either a prayer, a poem, a saying and or Lyrics of a song that I fall in love with (I make up my own adaptions of the words to fit a certain situation, in this case my old addiction behavior of SMOKING-NOW EX
You all have a wunderful weekend/week...

Pappa Tom

"Sometimes I wake up by the door
Now that you've gone, must be waiting for you
Even now when it's already over
I can't help myself from looking for you

I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched a SICKORETTE
Let it burn while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out my name, my name in shame
No longer will I be your friend - that time has passed by

I set fire to the rain
And I threw us into the flame
Where I felt somethin' die
"Cause I knew that that was the last time, the last time 180 days away"

(Lyrics adapted for my use/crutch from the Original Lyrics from Adele's Song "I set fire to the rain")

13 Comments