cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tomorrow is my quit day....finally

cheyenne7
1 13 22

So long coming.....but regardless, tomorrow is the day that it starts.

I was hestitate to blog and I know why. It's my addiction telling me NOT to, telling me you won't succeed at quitting, you never do. It's not the right time, it never is, so says the strong addiction.

I must be stronger than that....I have to be resolved to quitting....look at all of the positives, let the negatives have a day (or 2 or 3...) off, and get this quit going.

Truth is life is good, life is always good....all depends on what the mind wants to concentrate on.....I am concentrating on the positives.....I have plenty to be thankful for!!

It's easy to find the negatives.....it's living to find the positives, I want that positive person back that nicotine kidnapped.

I need to counterattack that strong thought, so yes addiction, I am blogging, I am putting it out there, I am taking the embarrasment risk.....I am quitting tomorrow!

Making myself a part of this community again is a positive step, I've been lurking in the background lately....telling myself I'm going to quit, but not coming thru.....multiple stupid excuses, saying next week would be better, as week after precious week goes on by. 

My addiction doesn't want me to join this community, it would rather me fail as it keeps its grip.

The rest of me wants freedom.....tomorrow is the day 3/3/16.....thankful this EX site exist!

So there it is, I did it, I set a quit date and made it known.  Yay : )

13 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Welcome back!

What a GREAT start!  Remember to get busy when a craving hits.   Change up your routines to reduce your triggers.

I'm glad you are here with us.  Remember - blog "HELP" before you smoke!

Nancy

Dotgirl_1-28-16
You can do this...just keep saying no....have you read and learned about this addiction, have you prepared yourself for a positive quit? It sure sounds like it!!! YOU GOT THIS!!! Give a shout out if you need it there are many that will reach back to you. AWESOME BLOG!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Just keep saying NO! N.O.P.E. Do you have a plan of what you're going to do when you first wake up to freedom tomorrow morning? If not you might want to consider making one so you know what to do instead of smoking and just keep saying no and following your quit plan a moment at a time.YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
MarilynH

I am sooooooo very happy to see you Cheyenne and even more happy that you are back with all of us because we're all here rooting for you. Stay strong and hang tough because you really are stronger than you realize and you can and will succeed, blog when you are having a rough patch, blog help before you head to the grocery store. Again I am really happy that you back. (((((big cyber hug))))) 

LouiseR

So glad your back.  You know what to do.  Come here everyday and read and blog.  You can and will make this your forever quit.  We are all here for you!

JonesCarpeDiem

One concept. It is not strength.

There is no need to fight yourself to quit smoking.

Please consider willingness, not strength.

jonilou

So glad you have set a date for your FOREVER QUIT! Dale is so right. None of us is strong all the time and some of us aren't strong much of the time. But we can be WILLING! We can make that decision and SET OUR WILL to follow through, NO MATTER WHAT! You can do this. Very, very happy to see you this bright Wednesday morning!

annb
Hey Lady Chey! So glad to see you here! Great blog! You/we can do this! 🙂 🙂 🙂
JACKIE1-25-15

As I was leaving the gym this morning the thought crossed my mind. Life is beautiful without a cigarette. So I am sharing that with you.  Freedom from nicotine addiction is worth every discomfort that comes with quitting. You will not die you will live. 

elvan

I am so glad to see you back here, lady, you know that.  My eyes filled with tears as I read your blog.  This really is not a fight, it is a journey and we can allow those craves to wash over us like the weaklings they quickly become.

I am so happy for you!

rosemarymom

yay Cheyenne!  You can do this and SO proud of you for coming forward again.  I know how easy it is to find excuses.  But I believe you are on your way!  Go get em!!!  Hopefully I will be right behind you

Strudel

Welcome back! Dale is right - willingness please! Remind yourself that this is a good thing - a very good thing! No options once you make the decision! Cheyenne you know I have told you this before - you can do this as long as you believe you can do this! Stay close! 

bonniebee

I tried many times and this time I have made it to my 1 year anniversary never thought i cold do it !

Thinking positive is a very important thing to do never let the addicted voice take over always talk back to it and then  move on do not give it power over yourself and what you truly want for yourself !  The addicted voice tells you pretty lies !

Good luck tomorrow It is exciting to begin the journey !

GreenThumb3

Good to see you back you can do it