Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Tomorrow 2 weeks

vanlil
2 9 32

YEAH YEAH YEAH

2 weeks tomorrow July 2nd.  Feeling good - voice is back and stronger. Usually in the afternoon I get a huge urge to smoke.  Didn't happen today.

I will continue to remember my gratitudes in my life.  Especially surendering to smoking that I did for 63 yrs. Oh yes tried to quit but couldn't stay quit.  I was doing the quitting for other people NOT FOR ME.

This time it is ONLY for me.  Tired of feeling like a smoky  croaky dingy lady.

9 Comments
LanaKay

You go girl!  I smoked over 50 years! I'm on about 39 days smoke free. We can do this!

johio

Congrats on 2 weeks....you can do this

JACKIE1-25-15

Yay Congratulations on 2 weeks being smoke free.  Life is grand without a cigarette in hand. 

bonniebee

I smoked for 52 years and I am on day 510 !

I tried many times to quit but this time with the help of Ex and some positive thinking about this quit....... did the trick !

You are doing great keep it going !

Stay Strong  & Carry on !

Daniela2016

Good for you, congrats, and yes, here at EX we can make this quit our last, and a happy recovery!

Daniela

Pops

Hang in there....you're doing great!  Just keep stacking the days, and the trials and tribulations will come less frequently, and not near as strong...You're doing this for your this time...

Pops

YoungAtHeart

Two weeks is HUGE!  Keep it going!

Nancy

joedice711

hi vanlil,,i,m another old time 51 plus years smoking.never thought i could put down the butts. doing it for me is a quit that works..i,m going on 9 months of freedom..i never saw myself as a non smoker, never!!!! it does get better..happy fourth..

Kandi7
You've got this! Congrats on 2+ weeks! I smoked for 48 years & finally got mad at myself, while sick w/URI (& had lost my voice too), that I was allowing this nasty disgusting habit to control me!! It's 137 days as of 7/5 (tomorrow). Don't quit on your quit!!
About the Author
I appreciate growing older gracefully and grateful that I am still "with it" at my age. Teach palates 3 X's a week and long time Pres. and Past Pres. of a Classical Concert Group. Going to be 81 July 3, 2017.